Corerstone not working on polylang pages

Hi there!
We’re having some issues with translated pages editing with corenerstone.
So here is an error. This errors occurs only on translated pages. And works fine on default language.

The issue is that the URL on the error message actually redirects to another page^ which was set up in Polylang setting

So actually this http://dev.bukovelskischool.com.ua/contact-us/ redirects to this http://dev.bukovelskischool.com.ua/en/contact-us/ and due to that, there is an iframe error.

Are there any solutions excepting changing polylang URL settings

Hey @ohno,

To narrow down what is causing the issue, I would first want to know what steps you already tried to try to resolve the issue. As the error message suggest, did you try testing for a plugin conflic? If not, you can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

It could also be related to customizations, do you have additional functions in your functions.php and/or custom scripts in your Global JS?

I would also like to know how you translated your pages. Did you use the language icons in the lower right hand corner?

Below are additional general solutions you could try. Some of it might not be related to this issue but might prevent future errors:

1. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

4. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Cornerstone works fine on default language. So I assume that the issue is not caused by plugins conflict^ as all the same plugins are activated on all languages.

I also tried activating main theme instead of child-theme, which includes some customizations in functions.php and it didn’t help.

Here is my wp-config:

The pages were translated using polylang plugin through admin dashboard.

The only way to make it work is to change polylang url settings. Because for now polylang modifies translated pages URLs by adding language locale to it. And the pages with these URLs are already in SE index, so we cannot channge them now. See the screenshot below:

Hey @ohno,

Can you try adding en or the language code before the x subfolder like this example.com/en/x/#content/2935/layout. If that does not help, please give us WP admin access in a Secure Note.

Thanks

I get 404 error in that case

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, the Cornerstone is not yet completely compatible with Polylang. Our development team did try few options to make sure some problems get solved such as this one:

But there seem to be problems there in line which our development team is looking into. This is in our issue tracker, so it means our development team already know about the problem.

Unfortunately, we can not give any estimation regarding the fix but please be sure that our focus is on it and please stay tuned for upcoming releases.

You can always check for the changelog to know when the problem will get fixed:
https://theme.co/changelog/

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Thanks for explaining the situation.
But the issue exists for more than a month already.
Here’s my previous post about that https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-not-working-with-polylang/13766
But at that time the problem looks a bit different.

So considering the time has passed since my last post - looks like your team is not working on this particular issue at all. And it brings a lot of problems to us at the time

Hi there,

We totally understand that it might take a long time, I assure you that our development team is working on this as they, for example, gave a workaround for the WPML hook hijack problem of the Polylang:

But this is a complicated matter and it may take a long time to resolve as it may need a refactoring of the code.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.