Copying headers and footers in Pro to new website

Hello!

Is there any way to copy or download a header or footer template in Pro? I believe I read something during launch that it wasn’t possible yet. I’m hoping that’s not the case.

If it can’t be done within Pro, can someone guide me to where they are located in the FTP? So I can just copy and download the asset and upload it to a new website. It will save me a ton of time since I have to split screen the situation and manually copy and paste all settings from one website to the next…

Hi there @ahallmark,

Thanks for writing in. Currently it’s not possible to export headers or footers to another website using Pro. A templating system will be available in a future release which will make this possible.

Unfortunately, it’s also not possible to export via FTP, the headers and footers are technically a post type and as such are stored in the database along with an array of information.

Thanks!

I was looking for a way of exporting headers and footers. Tedium ahead whatever method I choose to implement Pro on to a sub domain…

In your case, if there are posts/pages on the other site, why not export them, import in to the pro site, configure header/footer allocation and then migrate and change license details? It might be easier.

Understandable Jack - just wanted to make sure there was no other tricks to employ.

stadiauk9999 - the other websites are active. I am just trying to save time when building new websites. Thanks for the suggestion though!

The good news is that the Template Manager is going to be available soon. A rough estimate is given in our latest news release:

Thank you.

2 Likes

I’ve had some luck with “exporting.”

I built the website on my own VPS. After completion of the website, I had to move all the files + database to my client’s existing hosting provider.

Thinking that simply exporting/importing the database would do the trick, I was incorrect. I have no idea as to why it didn’t import the header or footer’s automatically - I was on a time crunch so I didn’t research that at all.

After taking a deep breath, I searched through the development database and located the header and footer in the posts table.

On one screen, I had phpmyadmin open for the new site. On the other screen, I had phpmyadmin open on the dev site. I manually copied and pasted the information from one post table to the other.

I clicked save and crossed my fingers. I refreshed the header builder and there it was!

So, while it is possible - it’s a pain in the ass.

1 Like

Hi,

I would agree that doing the migration manually is quite a daunting task.

You can actually use third party plugins in migrating your site like the following.

We also have created a guide in doing migration that will make sure that all data are preserved.

Kindly refer to the link below.

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-migration/126

Hope that helps.

1 Like