Copy Style?

Any suggestions on how to recreate this portfolio landing page outside of the portfolio? I really like how this looks and the animation, but I want to link to pages that I create not the static portfolio subpages that are currently linked. http://www.boyersconstruction.com/portfolio/

I really like the image and the white slide over animation that describes the image. My hope is to keep this landing page very similar but link to subpages that look more like this: http://www.boyersconstruction.com/residential/

Honestly I’d love to just change where the links direct you from the portfolio landing page. If that is possible please show me how. Thanks! Let me know if I’m not making sense.

More specifically I’m looking at trying to recreate the photo with the hidden cover that appears. Entry-featured, entry-cover and entry-wrap. Thanks

Hey Levi,

The Portfolio Template was designed to work for the X Portfolio post type. It’s still technically possible to make it work for the Page post type but a lot of modifications to the template file would be needed. This and custom development generally is not covered in our product support.

I could point you to the right direction if you have WordPress development or WordPress theme customization knowledge though. First, you need to be familiar with X Theme Customization. We have a guide at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-best-practices/205.

The file you’d need to modify is _portfolio.php which is located at x\framework\views\global. Following the customization guide, you already have an idea of what to do next.

The non-coding solution to this would be to use one of the bundled grid plugins as they allow the selection of post types and creation of custom grid skins so it’s possible to closely replicate the X Portfolio built-in grid. Please see the items below:

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

Thanks for the pointers. I’ll poke around a bit. I don’t do much coding but I can hack my way through if I need to. I’ll look into the options you gave me and see what I can come up with. Thanks again!

So I found the portfolio file. It’s probably not as easy as just changing where the images link to is it? Maybe I should look at changing the portfolio subpage layout?

Hello Levi,

Please keep in mind that the portfolio items and the pages were completely different. This is not as easy as changing the image links or where the link goes.

Yes you can change the layout of the portfolio items instead so that you can make use of it to display your content like a page. If you need anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Regards.

How do I go about changing the layout of the portfolio?

Hello Levi,

The portfolio page is controlled by the Layout - Portfolio page template.
The portfolio item layout is uniquely designed in each stack thus having different layout.

Which one you would like to change? Perhaps you can send us a screenshot or a mock layout of what you want to achieve.

Thank you in advance.

Actually I think I’m just going to use the Grid to make a landing page for portoflio items and them link to individual pages from there. Thanks for you help though. I appreciate it!

You are most welcome!
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.