Copy One Site to Another Site

I currently have two sites that I have built…

www.paradisevalleyproductions.com

I am looking at redesigning Paradise Valley Productions and I’d like to format it exactly like Brave Panda Creative. So instead of starting from scratch, is there a way to (in simple terms - though I’m sure it’s more complicated) “copy and paste” the Brave Panda site over to Paradise Valley Productions so I can start formatting the website from that starting point. Does that make sense?

So I guess essentially, I want Paradise Valley to be the exact same website as Brave Panda - and then I’d make changes to customize it the way I wanted. Is that possible?

Thanks!

HI Brock,

I’ll offer up for your consideration a service from ithemes.com that I’ve used for several years called BackupBuddy.

BackupBuddy is a paid subscription, but at a price point that’s pretty painless. It does several things well including WordPress site migration that I used to move a site from the development directory at one host to a different URL at a different host. First you make a complete backup of the site including the DB. Then you put their program called importbuddy (I think) into the new directory, tell it things like domain and directory information, DB location, username and password, and upload the full backup of the dev (production in your case) site. It parses the backup and replaces old table and link references with current information.

I don’t want to sound like a salesman, but you’ll want to review BackupBuddy along with whatever else you consider. Their backup archives are easy to download, and they include 1TB of online backup storage with the subscriptions. I make and download a backup after every session of changes, and they have cron backups in case you need to automatically protect things like blog posts. You can store the backups either in the wp-content folder where they natively go, download to your local machine, send them to their online repository or any combination.

And yes - the backup restored just fine. Always a critical part of a backup plan!

I just saw a 25% popup discount coupon for your first year of any of their plans, and I believe that my annual renewal for a 10-site plan was discounted at about that rate, too.

One of their utilities is called Server Tools that looks at your host’s server and rates pass/fail on a bunch of parameters. Dreamhost’s virtual account that I’m using, for example, only allocates 90MB to my sites and ServerTools recommends 256MB, so it flags that as a fail for me. My several sites still run fine, albeit none of them have much traffic, but I really need to check on getting more RAM made available because X frequently has problems.

That’s all. Stop by ithemes and check them out.

Happy Migration!

Alan

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! The best thing to do is to use a 3rd party plugins. There are several plugins that could help you easily manage the cloning or migration with your new site. Please check these out: https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/migration/

@AlanCole suggested a paid service which may help too. If you want it to do it manually, you cam check out our knowledge base article as well:
https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-migration/126

Hope this helps.