Cookie html how?

I wish to use the html of this webpage but I dont know how to paste this code in my whole website without broking it . Please give me advice . I do not have a child theme just the main one https://cookieconsent.insites.com/

here is the code

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, you need to set up a child theme because you’re going to put this code on the child theme’s functions.php file.

/**
cookie consent code on head
*/
add_action('wp_head','cookie_consent');
function cookie_consent () { ?>

<!-- YOUR COOKIE CONSENT CODE HERE -->

<?php }

Replace this line: <!-- YOUR COOKIE CONSENT CODE HERE --> with your actual cookie consent code.

How To Setup Child Themes

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

I have instaleld the child theme … But i am not pretty sure how it works . I mean right now what is activated is the child theme meanwhile the parent theme on my appearance-theme is not activated … is this normal ? Can I edit my parent theme like text, plugins like without child theme ?

How i can recognise which functions php is the child or the parent theme belongs ???

Should I bear in mind something after activating the child theme , some side effect or something that i should consider from today ?

Hi There,

Yes, that is how it should be.

No, you can’t. That is actually one of the main reason why child theme was born. If you modify a parent theme directly and it did an update, then your modifications will be lost. By using a child theme you will ensure that your modifications are preserved.

Keep in mind; what do we mean by modifications here are the template files of the theme (.php files), not the edit you made on your page content. We are talking about modifications that has something to do with coding

Child theme functions.php file is under /wp-content/themes/x-child/ directory.
Parent theme functions.php file is under /wp-content/themes/x/ directory.

Your Menu and Sidebars might be reset (but this rarely happen), so better take note of what is your primary menu and what are widgets that is on your sidebar (if any). Other than that switching from parent to child theme should be fine and smooth.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Great job . Thank you ! You reach the GOD LEVEL !!! I am just delighted from your professional behaviour . 10/10 ! Fast and professional , what else .

Thanks so much for the kind complements :slight_smile:

Feel free to reach us if you face any further issues.

Best regards.

problem my cornerstone is broken after updating the child theme . My home page is completely white after the child theme , please help me . the counters are at 0

my webpage is working but I mean when I wish to open it using the cornerstone only appears the top and the bottom menu , the rest is completely white and does not recognise anything …

Cornerstone is not working on my child theme … I am not able neither to open a single or edit a webpage . I have not selected any new plugin it was working previously when I have not the child theme , PLEASE help me it is urgent :frowning:

Hey There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

ok here you have

Hi Borislav

Cornerstone worked fine on my end. I did notice you have a few cache plugins and optmization plugins, I flushed the cache and it worked just fine. I reccomend you turning off cache and optmization plugins during the development phase to avoid conflicts.

Hope it helps

thanks by the way i have had a logo over the menu and right now i have some letters … I have not touched this in any moment and I am not able how to delete the letters that have a strange mirror effect , please help me to put my own logo where it was previously . Yes right now cornerstone is working but what has happened to my logo

The logo is solved and the problem it seems solved thanks , by the way please delete the updated photo of my site , thanks

Glad to hear that. Deleted your site’s photo.

Bests,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.