ConvertPlug MailChimp connect no longer working

I have been using ConvertPlug to capture leads and save their email addresses to MailChimp. The other day this ‘connect’ simply stopped working.

Leads still show up under the ‘Campaign’ in ConvertPlug (indicating they have been captured properly), but they are not appearing in MailChimp. I even disabled the original ‘connect’ and set-up a new one, but it’s still not working.

You can test this out by going to: http://www.realfoodfunc.com/ and clicking on the orange button just under the header to get the free recipes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey there,

Please check for the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

Thanks.

OK I’ve done all of these steps, and it still isn’t working.

ConvertPlug keep updating their plugin and changing the name. It is now ‘ConvertPlus’. It seems like all this screwing around has caused the problem. They also won’t help me out because I got the plugin with X, so they say I have to go to you guys for support.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

Kindly backup your website completely and then deactivate and delete the ConvertPlug plugin. After that please kindly go to X > Overview and scroll down to see the Convert Plug extension.

Install that and you should get the same settings already set as the previous one. See if it fixes the problem.

Thank you.

Hi,

I just tried this and it’s still not working. It’s so strange because ConvertPlus is definitely connected to MailChimp correctly - it is pulling through the correct list names, but just isn’t pushing the contacts.

What should I try next?

Cheers,

Will

Hi there,

Thank you for your the information. This might be something related to the latest version of the Convertplus which is pushed recently. But to make sure if it is a bug or is something related to your environment would you please kindly do the tests below for us:

• Create a new MailChimp account and add a new mailing list and test the case.
  • Use the MailerLight instead of MailChimp and see if the Connect works ok.

Get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website using the secure note functionality of the post with the test results to check.

Thank you for your contribution.