Convert Plus - Site not reachable after saving template

Hi Support!

Last weekend I activated Convert Plus to use it for a Newsletter-Popup. I chose a Design and changed it to my needs. When trying to save it the save-symbol didn’t stop rotating. I tried to load the frontend and got a 500-error. I contacted my host and he restored a complete backup.

Today I tried again to style the Convert Plus template to my needs and saved it. Nearly the same happened. The save-indicator continued to rotate. On the frontend I now got a 403-error.

In both cases I still could reach the sever through FTP, but Vaultpress couldn’t connect, so I’m again in the situation, that I cannot restore my website without the help of my host. After my site was restored today, trying to save the template in Convert Plus to a new name was the ONLY thing I did.

So did you get similar tickets regarding this problem OR have you got any idea, what could have happened?

My website is being restored right now, but as you can imagine I’m probably not trying to setup Convert Plus again this time.

Best regards,
Thomas Sedminek

Hi Thomas,

I’ve tested “Convert Plus” at my end and I didn’t encounter these issues, I’ve already did a quick search and I didn’t find similar reports to this one.

Here you are my recommendations in this case:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.

2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

4. Check the server error log within the same time you encountered this issue, most probably you will find an error message related to this issue, please share it with us.

5. Make sure your server is running at least PHP 5.6 or greater.

If none of these helped, then please try asking your web host for the ability to create a staging server and provide us with this server login details in Secure Note so we can investigate this issue on that server.

Thanks.

Hi!

Thanks for the quick response! I’m using WP 4.9.6 and Pro 2.1.6. I installed Convert Plus on the weekend. I’ll first do a complete backup via FTP, so that I can restore the latest state anytime.

Then I’ll have a look to the PHP memory limit. The server is running PHP 7.1.

I’ll follow your recommendations. Don’t know, when I’ll have time for everything - maybe the next weekend. I’ll check back then!

Best regards,
Thomas

Let us know how it goes, Thomas.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.