Convert Plus is Crashing the Site

I have convert plus running on two websites running X theme. On one site I have been using it for over a year with no problems so I installed it on my new site. While developing the site everything was working well, but when I moved it to production and replaced the temp urls with the live urls, the site crashes if I leave the plugin activated. I don’t know enough to dig into the php files and .htaccess files and see if there’s a root problem there or really where I would start to diagnose the problem. I reached out to Brainstorm Force who said to contact you the theme author since it’s likely the plugin version bundled with the theme has minor tweaks they do not support. They’ll support you to troubleshoot, but not support working with me directly. My host is siteground and they’re not going to help me troubleshoot a plugin issue; they just recommended I roll back to before the breaking change but that won’t move me closer to a fix. I also spent two days trying other plugin tools and they’re all kind of a pain to use compared to Convert Plus. Can you help me get it working again?

Hi @kevinwenning,

From the information you provided I think the problem is the site moving to production and not the plugin. But I will need more detailed information about what is breaking?

Would you please give us more detailed information with screenshots of the problem? I would follow the steps below:

• repeating the website move process.
  • Make sure that the Theme and the plugin are up to date.
  • Make sure that the problem is indeed the plugin by deactivating all plugins and activating them one by one and check the case.
  • Changing the theme from X to the default WordPress one to make sure if the problem is theme related or not.

After you give us detailed information about the problem you are experiencing I will also need the login information just in case. You can share with us the login information using a Secure Note.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.