Convert plus finicky behaviour

I have a convert plus info bar that was on my site, but people on mobile complained that it was causing the page to constantly scroll back up to the top as they scrolled down the page.

I’ve disabled it for now so you’ll need to login to find it

Hi there,

I tried to enable the Info Bar but unfortunately, it is not showing on the front end. I purged the cache but it seems the cache goes deeper.

Upon checking the front end I do see some problems and Javascript errors. First one is this:

You added the <script> tag in the customizer which is wrong. You need to remove those script tags:

The other point is the error which Essential Grid is throwing. I am not sure why this is happening but it might be a conflict with Revolution Slider. Kindly follow the No Conflict steps of the Revolution Slider:

https://www.themepunch.com/faq/troubleshooting-tips-for-5-0/

You may wonder what does the steps above related to the ConvertPlus, these are bare minimum problems that you need to solve to make sure there is no conflict due to such reasons.

Finally please follow the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Remove any animation that you might have added to the ConvertPlus Info Bar Newsletter_1

Thank you.

Hi, I’m not using revolution slider. Can you elaborate on the essential grid error? I’ve actually had a huge support thread already about problems I’ve had with essential grid’s behaviour, which have not been solved, so I wouldn’t be surprised if these are linked.

Hi again,

I checked your site and I’m still seeing a syntax error in your Customizer ( Appearance > Customize > Custom > Edit Global Javascript ), kindly remove it for a while and see if everything works. Make sure to take a backup of your script. You can fix the syntax error later. The other error I see is related to jQuery that might be linked with the above error. Remove the script first then purge cache from everywhere and test the site again.

Let us know how this goes!

Hi, I made that change to the code, but first I went through all the steps listed above, tried it without any CSS, javascript, cleared cache and cloudflare, checked plugin conflicts etc. Nothing has worked so far.

Hey @jpenns,

It was the Push Page option of the Info Bar that is causing the issue.

I remember I have suggested to enable this in the past because before you were using custom CSS to push the site down. Right now, the only solution would be the CSS.

I’ll report this bug. For now, I won’t recommend to use this feature.

Thank you for understanding.

Ok, thanks. I don’t think I had quite figured out the CSS to push the page below the info bar, can you advise how to accomplish this with CSS?

Hi There,

I did checked and saw that even active, New Newsletter_1 infobar is still not showing on the target pages. I found this JS error:
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token {
The error is pointing to this custom JS code:

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
      if (jQuery('body').hasClass('page'){
            adthrive.cmd.push(function() {
                adthrive.disableInImageAds();
            });
        };
    });   

On this line if (jQuery('body').hasClass('page'){ there is missing closing parenthesis. Update the code to this:

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
      if (jQuery('body').hasClass('page')){
            adthrive.cmd.push(function() {
                adthrive.disableInImageAds();
            });
        };
    });   

To push the side down when infobar is present, try this CSS:

.cp-ib-open {
    padding-top: 100px; /*Adjust 100px to your infobar height*/
}

Hope this helps.

Thank you that does help. Now my only problem is that below the info bar there’s some blank grey space that shouldn’t be there

The reason there’s a gray area is because the padding is too tall. It should be equal the height of your info bar. The height of your info bar will vary depending on screen size though so you will need several CSS media queries for it this is why I recommended not to use the info bar for at this time or at least don’t use the Sticky Option. Or, also try posting it at the bottom of your page.

The best solution to this would be to programatically add a dynamic padding based on the height of your info bar. Regretfully, that would be outside the scope of our support along with the media queries.

Thank you for understanding.

I’m not using the sticky option. I’m essentially trying to accomplish what they have at http://pinchofyum.com. Is there another way to accomplish what I’m trying to do here in X? It seems like I should be able to have a simple bar at the top of the page with a link or email form on it.

Hi There,

Please add the following code to Theme Options CSS

@media(max-width: 950px ) {
cp-ib-open {
     padding-top: 100px; 

}}

@media(min-width: 950px ) {
cp-ib-open {
     padding-top: 54px; 

}}

With X you can add the same info in your topbar which you are using for the social icons only at the moment.

If you were using PRO Theme instead of X you could add a bar similar your convertplus bar using the header builder.

In can upgrade from X to PRO on your Themeco license page.

https://theme.co/apex/licenses

Hope it helps

Thank you. Unfortunately that code hasn’t worked.

Is there any redesign work necessary when moving to PRO?

Hey @jpenns,

Let me first go back to your reply:

You were using the sticky option when I checked your site previously and still using it until now.

To the code given previously, it does not work because it is neither a class nor an ID like this .cp-ib-open. I have previously thought of giving you custom media queries but that solution is outside the scope of our support and in the long run won’t help you and others either because the setup might change or differ.

Custom Javascript solution like I said previously would be the best way to continue using ConvertPlus. Regretfully, you will need to hire a developer for this.

Using Pro would also be great if you don’t need the options that ConvertPlus offers. If you switch to Pro, you would need to rebuild your header using the Header Builder. The rest of your setup would remain as is but, backup your site first before switching because that is good practice.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.