Convert Plus Constant Contact Custom Field Name

I have successfully connected and are sending data to Constant Contract through X Theme & Convert Plus. However, I have one unresolved issue. I haven’t been able to figure out what to use as the Field Name for a custom field I created in Constant Contact. I’ve read a ton of articles and tried a bunch of different conventions for the field name but nothing is working.

Has anyone mapped/setup a custom field in a Convert Plus opt-in that interfaces with Constant Contact? If so, what do I enter in the Field Name field in the Form Design? My custom field name is “Contact Us Comments”.

Thanks!

Hi @rbelknap,

Thanks for reaching out.

It should be the same name as you added to your ConstantContact form/account. Please check this https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5328-add-and-manage-custom-fields?lang=en_US

Else, please provide your site’s URL and admin login credentials in the secure note and I’ll check what’s going on.

Thanks!

Thanks for the response. Here’s a screen shot of the setup. All of the other fields, first name, last name, email, phone are successfully interfacing over to Constant Contact. It’s just the custom field Contact Us Comments that are not.
2 screen shots below: (the second is in another post since I’m limited to only one image per post)

Here’a screen of constant contact custom field definition:

See second post for second image.

I appreciate the help!!

Here’s the second screen shot…Convert Plus Form Designer:

Thanks!

I’m not sure why but it looks like the second image (in the prev post) was chopped off right before the custom field setup. Here’s a screen shot of just the Contact Us Comment field definition in Form Designer

Hi,

Can you try changing the field name in Constant Contact to ContactUsComments . That is without spaces.

If that doesn’t help, please provide us your wordpress admin login Secure Note

Thanks

I changed the custom field name in Constant Contact to ContactUsComments and it still did not work. I’ll send credentials in the next post.

Hi @rbelknap,

It appears that you have to change your Constant Contact field name from Contact Us Comments to ContactUsComments as the plugin really removes the space. I checked and there is no workaround at this moment but to remove the spaces.

It’s weird to since fields are supposed or usually a unique name without special characters and spaces, but Constant Contact allows the spaces.

Thanks!

Hi @Rad,
I did change the Constant Contact custom field so there are no spaces. Please see below. As you see in X Convert Plus form designer the field name is the same, no spaces. It’s still not working. Every other field is interfacing to Constant Contact except for this custom field. I tested it again this morning with no success. Can you please look at this again. Thanks!

Hi @rbelknap,

In that case, may I know your Constant Contact login credentials as well? So I could verify and test it on both ends.

Thanks!

Please find credentials below. Thanks @Rad!

Constant Contact asks a security question. Please disable the security question.

Can you try deleting the field and test adding a new one again?

Thanks.

@Rad, @christian_y,
This user account is setup specifically for you. Since that was the first time you logged in it’s asking you to set a question.
Go ahead and set a question and answer. I’ll be deleting this account once this issue is resolved. Thanks!

@Rad, @christian_y,
I deleted the custom field in Constant Contact and re-added it. It’s still not getting populated.

I set a security question and password for you so you will Not be prompted for that.

Guys, I really need to get this resolved. Can you please escalate this issue.

Thanks!

Hey @rbelknap,

Thanks for clarifying and proceeding to clear the secure question for us. I’m afraid this could be a bug though. I’ve tested in my test site too and it looks like the Custom Field won’t really sync.

I’ve also followed the ConvertPlus documentation for Syncing Multiple Fields Data With Constant Contact

I’ll post this in our issue tracker for further investigation. Please just note that we could not give a time frame as to when this would get feedback.

It might get a faster feedback if you buy a separate ConvertPlus license and also post this issue to their support as they might have experienced this already.

Thanks.

@christian_y, @Rad,
Would you ask one more question. I’ve used X Theme’s Convert Plus for integrations to Infusionsoft many times. I’ve used custom fields in the opt-ins. For Infusionsoft, in order to get a custom field to map you have to add a “_” underscore in the first position of the field name. For example, if I had a custom field named “Comments” the Field Name in Convert Plus would need to be “_Comments”.

Can you please check with your constant contact developers on your side that modified the Convert Plus plugin to work with X and see if there’s a leading character we have to use to indicate it’s a custom field. Custom fields in Constant Contact are accessed in a separate custom fields segment so it makes sense we need to do something special in the field name field so X’s Convert Plus knows this is a custom field.

Thanks!

According to the documentation I’ve linked to in the previous response it should be custom_field_. I’ve tried that though and it still doesn’t sync.

Please stay tuned.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.