Convert Plus Causing Error - Unable to Login to WordPress

Hi

I have activated the Convert Plus plugin provided through the Pro theme extensions and it has caused a major conflict that means I can no longer log in to my WordPress account! When I try to log in I get the following message ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS. I have cleared cookies but nothing is helping and the URL changes to wp-admin/admin.php?page=convert-plus on timeout.

Please help we are currently completely logged out of our WordPress site.

Thanks
Olivia

Hi Olivia,

Thanks for reaching out.

I can’t reproduce this issue on my installation, and it could be specific to your setup. May I know the site’s URL and admin login credentials? You can provide them in the secure note.

For the meantime, please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Thanks, I have provided the requested details in the secure note. At the moment I can’t log in to WordPress to run through the checks you have suggested as it is timing out on the login page, but I have contacted our host to check memory. If there is anything you can do to help in the meantime that would be great.

Thanks

Hello Laura,

Would you mind providing us the FTP login credentials so we can take a closer look and fix the issue? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.