Convert Plus campaign adds to Mailchimp LIST but not to GROUPS

Hi there,

When I try to create a Convert Plus campaign that connects with my Mailchimp List there is no drop down to choose which GROUPS to add them to within the LIST. This GROUPS function is critical to what I am needing as I have to be able to deliver specific resources to each different opt in. Any ideas on why mine would not be showing or giving me access to choose which GROUPS to add subscribers to? The plugin AND the ADDON are up to date. I have had GROUPS in my Mailchimp list for a long time. It’s all set up, but the drop down to choose which lGROUP simply is not there in my Convert Plus “Create New Campaign” section.

here’s my screenshot showing no dropdown --> https://prnt.sc/gvngdj

thanks for your help

Hi There,

In that case, can we do basic troubleshooting first? You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue persist, please do share your site URL and admin credentials on a secure note so we can investigate.

ok, deactivating 3rd party plugins did not fix the issue. I will add a secure note below for you. Thanks for your help.

Hi There,

Please try to clear browser cache. I am seeing the group list when I check. See this:

ugh, thank you haha. I’m glad it was simple, but I’ll definitely have to try that first in the future haha.

thank you Lely & team!

blessings!

So now I am able to connect specific GROUPS to each opt in modal, but the problem I am having now is that it says “ALREADY SUBSCRIBED” when I try to test it.

I want people to be able to subscribe through each different modal I create, even if they are already subscribed to my overall LIST, because it is not just adding them to the LIST, but it is adding them to a new GROUP within the list. That way they can receive the free download they are requesting, by joining that group & then my mailchimp would deliver an autoresponder connected to that group. Is this possible through Convert Plus? Somehow to change the “Already Subscribed” feature. or turn it off. Or bypass it. Anything that would allow those who are already subscribed to opt in anyways, and have it pass their data to my mailchimp and simply update their profile to add them to that GROUP as well.

Is that possible? How would I do that?

That is not possible out of the box. It would need custom development.

We do have an in-house custom development team that offer paid services, who may be able to assist. They can be contacted at pinnacle@theme.co if this is of interest to you.

Thanks.

I ran into this same problem, but I think this article addresses it. Let me know if this works!

Hi there,

That only enables the message or response for already subscribed user. Are you using the same listing or campaign for each modal? You should different so the subscription will not be the same.

Thanks!

Ok I’m having a similar or the exact problem.

ConvertPlus Version 3.5.1.
ProVersion: 2.5.5
Connects - mailchimp addon Version 2.2.1

We have an Audience in MailChimp with multiple Groups (the recommended mode of operation in mail chimp docs).

Each group has different offers or free downloads however when a client has already signed up for one offer they receive “Already Subscribed” from what I can see this should not require custom development it seems to me this is out of the box functionality where the client can be subscribed to multiple groups under one audience.

From what I can tell it should be as simple as passing the correct group information in each form submission and updating the record in MailChimp.
This feature is provided when you create a new campaign under “Connects” in Convert Plus there is an option to add to a group also, meaning the user should be able to sign up to all available groups with out returning “Already Subscribed”.

Please let me know if I have completely missed something as I have read many workarounds and they are quite lengthy and complicated for something that seems to me to be the basic mode of operation.

Thanks in advance for your continued support and patience.
Chedwa

Hello Chedwa,

It seems part of segmentation for mailchimp though I am not sure if it’s available by default or for Mailchimp Pro or Premium users.. It would be best if you can confirm with the mailchimp support if they allowed it on your plan to have 1 subscriber be added on multiple groups inside 1 audience. Thank you.

Hi this setting seems to be missing from convert plus?? I have looked into the mailchimp side and the functionality is there in the free version from what I can tell it comes down to the default response from convert plus… as part of x pro do we have access to convert plus support or dose this need to be paid for separately?

davelabz
Jun '18

I ran into this same problem, but I think this article addresses it. Let me know if this works!

https://www.convertplug.com/plus/docs/change-default-action-when-a-user-has-already-subscribed/

Hello Chedwa,

It is available on Convertplus that comes with the theme:

I have the same problem and that setting is just to tell an existing subscriber that they are already subscribed. So basically you can change your error message (being facetious here) to, “sorry, you don’t get the extra free gift because our software can’t add you to a group like other opt-in plugins can.” :joy:

Kidding aside, did this get resolved as I have the same problem with the Mailchimp/ConvertPlus integration not allowing subscribers to be added to additional groups.

Hello Arden,

Thanks for writing in!

Even though issue is related with Mailchimp and ConvertPlus, this is a fairly old ticket and posting on a ticket created by another user causes lot of confusion, resulting in slow response time.

Please create a new ticket and someone from Themeco support will take a look at the issue.

Thanks for understanding.