Convert Existing Posts Content to Pro posts

Hi,

I have an existing site with hundreds of posts that contain only a one-line shortcode (“WP Recipe Maker” shortcodes, like [wprm-recipe id=“20176”] )

I’ve installed the Pro theme and want to convert everything to Pro content.

To convert these posts, instead of going to every one of them and creating a default one-section, one-row, Text element and put the shortcode in it, is there an easier way of doing this?

Hey @gtaranti,

Regretfully, there is currently no way to integrate third party data into Pro. You currently need to manually build the page. I’m not sure if this is something that can be achieved in the future so I’d recommend that you stay tuned for updates and regularly check our news section to get information on future developments.

Thanks.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
But actually, it’s not ‘third party data’… It’s one line of text !!
All I’m saying is that I’ve expected Pro theme to have the functionality to ‘change’ this line of text into a Pro content with one text element, in order to preserve the existing text content.

I see. Regretfully though, my answer remains true. You will need to manually open Pro and paste your content (even it’s only a shortcode) in a Text element.

Thank you for understanding.

OK. I understand that this feature may be addressed in a future version.

But for now, is there an X/Pro specific PHP function, Wordpress Action or something similar to convert a standard post content to a Pro content?
i.e. which function is triggered when I save the post in the Pro content editor?

I could use it in a custom made loop in a PHP script (or in child’s theme functions.php) in order to succeed in the migration.

Hello There,

When you create a page/post using the Pro editor, there will be pro data that will be saved in the post/page meta to distinguish that the page/post were created in the editor. If this pro data is missing, you won’t be able to edit the page/post and it will remained as if it is a blank canvas or preview which would be like the very first time that you use the Pro editor to edit the page/post.

Regretfully there isn’t any available feature that you can use that will convert your post/page contents into a Pro editor content. One thing to understand is that only pages/posts that were created in Pro editor can be edited and considered as Pro content. Any content that were created outside of the Pro Editor will not be able to be edited in the editor.

Thanks for your understanding.

I understand, that the X/Pro theme is targeted ONLY for new sites and not for converting existing ones.

But as you mentioned, I’ve also seen the metadata added by Pro in the _postmeta table in the database and the one change in post_content field of _posts table.
These changes/additions are always the same as long as you create a one-section --> one-row --> one Text element content. The only difference is the content of the serialised meta_key _cornerstone_data, in which the "“text_content” key has the value of the text content of the original post.

As you may understand this begs for an automatic solution.
So, I’ll try to create my automatic solution (plugin?) for migration my existing simple one-line-text original content and hopefully post my results here.

Cheers

Hey @gtaranti,

It is not that simple. But, if you could pull it off though, that would be great.

Anyway, I have also submitted this as feature request to let our development team know of users’ interest.

Thanks.

In my mind, this should be part of the X/Pro theme, at least as an option for those guys that need importing simple text existing content.

Thanks.

Hi There @gtaranti

Thank you for your feedback. I can confirm that your request has been added as a feature request. As mentioned above, our development team will review them and consider according to the internal priorities and number of votes we receive from other users.

Thanks for understanding!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.