Conversion from X to Pro is not working!

Conversion from X to Pro is not working because when i go to my admin in wordpress and states to do it here…

wp-admin > Appearance > Themes > Install and activate, from this web page https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/x-to-pro-conversion/104 i don’t have the option to install and activate, I just have appearance/themes/customise!

Please help me with this problem!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

Theme install and active is a core functionality of WordPress, if the option not available then there must be some issue with your installation.

Can you please check this screenshot and check if you can see those options in your setup.

If not please go to Dashboard -> Update and re-install the WordPress.

If that doesn’t help please send us your website details to check what could be the issue.

Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Thanks

Thanks Basanta I found that information really helpful because i’ve not installed a theme before, my web designer did that. I have installed pro theme by uploading the zip file that was downloaded, and it’s now activated. Let’s just hope it saves content from here!

HI There,

Thanks for the update!
We hope everything should go fine!

Cheer!

Actually it’s not after testing it out! Now te theme is pro, but it still will not save! Do you have any fixes for this?

Hi There,

Can you please send us your website details so that we can have a look on to the issue.
Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Set it as Secure Note (how to do this?)

• Link to your site
  • FTP credentials (where do i find this?)

Hi There,

Please check this article to get the idea how to add a secure note.

Just click on the “key” icon below to the post and in the popup you can add your information.

FTP Stands for File Transfer Protocol, which helps to access the file system of your server. If you don’t have this please contact your service provider for the details.

Hope this helps!

Hi There,

Thanks for the details!
I check your site and can confirm the editor is working fine and the pages are saving absolutely fine.

Can you please confirm in which page you have the issue.
I tried several pages and it working fine.

Thanks

Our home page. I edit it using pro which used to be cornerstone, and it’s that home page that is not saving!

Hello @4kFreelance,

Thanks for updating thread. :slight_smile:

I can confirm the problem of changes not getting saved on my end for home page. I tried to make few changes and upon clicking save button I am getting Uh Oh! Content failed to save message. It seems that memory is getting exhausted and that’s why error is showing up.

Can you please try adding following code in your wp-config.php file which can be located under the root of your WordPress installation.

Add the following lines into that file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

But my host deals with that stuff! I have given you the ftp details, so you can help me, because my host do not do it and said i should get the template people on it! I have no idea how to add the code and i didn’t install wordpress!

Hi there,

In order for us to add the line of code in the wp-config.php file, we will need to have you FTP access so that we can access you site files.

You can obtain the FTP access from your host. Since they have it, it would be best to ask them about you PHP memory limit and ask them to increase it as they have the access to it.

Let us know how it goes.

I’ve just added a secure note with ftp details, can you see it Jade?

This happens when i try to open the pro editor, with every update gets slower and slower…

The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.

Origin URL: http://www.4kfreelance.com

Preview URL: http://www.4kfreelance.com/

Hi there,

I went ahead and added the code in the wp-config.php and tried to edit the homepage and it seems to work fine now.

You can see the extra period I added in and gimbals..

Kindly double check on your end.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.