Control the height of the featured image

Hi there,

Can you let me know where I can control the height of the featured image here: https://www.screencast.com/t/AU9F1UVw5sUH

https://www.mikiphotography.info/eltham-palace-wedding-photography/ as you can see the image is cropped and I want the image full height on every post. Is there a setting for this or do I have to use CSS?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried this - you can change width size

.single-post .entry-featured {
width:100%;
margin:0 auto;
display:block;
}

Hi there,

Yep tried that no difference? is it related to @media settings?

Why would I be changing he width when its the height thats the problem?

Thanks

Morning,

Can I get answer please as this site is live and we would like to implement the change so the featured images display as uploaded in landscape 3:2 ratio and not a cropped widescreen version on desktops…

Many thanks in advance.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Just for future topics, self responding or bumping your post pushes it back in our Queue system so it takes longer to respond to.

To resolve your issue and display the full version of the featured images, we need to override the feature image function. And because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

if ( ! function_exists( 'x_featured_image' ) ) :
  function x_featured_image( $cropped = '' ) {

$stack     = x_get_stack();
    $fullwidth = ( in_array( 'x-full-width-active', get_body_class() ) ) ? true : false;

if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) {

if ( $cropped == 'cropped' ) {
        if ( $fullwidth ) {
          $thumb = get_the_post_thumbnail( NULL, 'entry-cropped-fullwidth', NULL );
        } else {
          $thumb = get_the_post_thumbnail( NULL, 'entry-cropped', NULL );
        }
      } else {
        if ( $fullwidth ) {
          $thumb = get_the_post_thumbnail( NULL, 'entry-fullwidth', NULL );
        } else {
          $thumb = get_the_post_thumbnail( NULL, 'entry', NULL );
        }
      }

switch ( is_singular() ) {
        case true:
          $thumb = get_the_post_thumbnail( NULL, 'full', NULL );
          printf( '<div class="entry-thumb">%s</div>', $thumb );
          break;
        case false:
          printf( '<a href="%1$s" class="entry-thumb" title="%2$s">%3$s</a>',
            esc_url( get_permalink() ),
            esc_attr( sprintf( __( 'Permalink to: "%s"', '__x__' ), the_title_attribute( 'echo=0' ) ) ),
            $thumb
          );
          break;
      }

}

}
endif;

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.