Contents of page appear to be invisible

Hi all.

After a Wordpress update and a mass update of plugins, page blocks (made with WP Bakery for a X themed site we’re testing) remain clickable but invisible in every page. Contents appear to be right when editing, but not rendering ok.

Sample URL: https://www.vives.org/nou/comissions-i-grups-de-treball/

Please help.

Hi there,

It seems that you have updated X to the latest version but left Cornerstone outdated which might be causing the issue.

Please update Cornerstone from version 2.1.7 to 3.1.6.

Kindly make sure to clear your cache after updating.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Main problem is solved. Thank you very much. :slightly_smiling_face:

But now we’re troubleshooting another issue: Cornerstone keeps loading forever when clicking to X > Cornerstone, from the main Wordpress menu.

P.S. Already tried with:

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

And also resetting permalinks. Still not working.

Hi there,

Please make sure that you have everything updated to the latest version especially for X and Cornerstone. You can find more info about the support versions of X and its bundled plugins here.

If you are still seeing an issue, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

In case the issue persists, please provide the URL and the admin details of your site in a secure note so that we can check it.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Every plugin but Contact Form (we have to stick to version 5.0 instead of upgrading to the 5.0.2 release) seems to be updated. Just tried to deactivate some plugins, but the problem remains.

We’re using a multisite WordPress, so other websites can have issues if certain plugins stop working… We heavily depend on WPML, Yoast, Events Manager, Redirection, TinyMCE and others. Is there something wrong in our setup?

Thanks!

Hi there,

Some of the characters are converted, like this in cs-vendor.js

["[À-ß][€-¿]","[à -ï][€-¿]{2}","[ð-÷][€-¿]{3}

Would you mind providing your FTP login credentials? I’ll upload my own copy of cornerstone. Maybe it’s due to installation through admin, I’ll try it with FTP instead.

Thanks!

Hi again,

Due to security reasons, our SFTP access is restricted: it works only with trusted networks. Can you provide an static IP so we can setup our firewalls to let you in?

Thank you again.

Hi There,

We don’t have the static IP address because our staffs come from many countries.

Could you please temporarily turn it off so we can take a closer look?

Thank you.

Ok, you can logon.

Please, let us know once you’ve finished so we can restablish security.
Thanks again.

Hi There,

I was unable to login to your FTP account. I used the following information in Secure Note below.

Right now, please rename this directory /wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/ to /wp-content/plugins/cornerstone.old/, then upload the zip file(I’ve attached in the Secure Note) and extract in /wp-content/plugins/` directory.

Let us know how when you’re done.

All done. Thanks again.
Nothing solved. Cornerstone keeps circling forever.

Hey Emilio,

There’s a problem connecting to your server. Please see the secure note. We need to enable debugging and check your setup.

Thanks.

Looks there was a machine in the middle blocking traffic through port 22. Not anymore.
We think it should work now… Can you please retry?

Hi @xarxavives

It sounds like the password is incorrect, it connects to the server but then the authentication failed. Check the screenshot in the secure note.

Thanks.

Hi again.

Just generated a new password.
You’ll find it in the attached secure note.

Hi There,

I was still unable to login to your sFTP account.

Could you please double check on it and confirm the credential attached in secure note is correct?

Many thanks.

Ok. Let’s try again now, please. Port 22 is wide open.

Hi,

Upon checking, I can see you have xtheme version 6.1.6

Please update Xtheme and Cornerstone to latest version and see if the fixes the issue.

The latest version numbers are

X 6.2.5, Cornerstone 3.2.5

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks