Content Modal is triggering when changing pages

I have a content modal that triggers when you go from one page to the next. It should only pop up when SUBSCRIBE button is pushed. Just seems to be in Chrome.

For example go from here:

to here

and the sign up form will pop up, but not always.

Hi @wowflak,

Thanks for reaching out.

That’s weird, but I couldn’t verify if it’s just based on CSS or something is triggering it like javascript. Please add this CSS to Theme Options > CSS

.x-modal:not(.x-active) {
display: none !important;
}

If it works then it’s just CSS related, if not then it’s javascript and for that, I recommend removing any of your custom javascript code (but back it up first). Then you could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Okay, so it didnt help. However I did notice that it only happens when clicking away from an “artist” page to the following menu links ONLY - News,About, On Tour. And even then, it appears to be random after the first initial click. Any ideas about that?

So from here:

to any of those menu links above and only in Chrome.

Thanks

Hello @wowflak,

Are you referring to this buttons?

The issue could be coming from the Types plugin. Please contact the creators of this plugin and inform them. They might have an idea as to why this happens.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Hi,

No it is the SUBSCRIBE button built in themeco modal. See attached. It will flash open periodically while navigating the menu.

Hi @wowflak,

Would you mind providing the admin login credentials in the secure note? I see that my provided CSS is there, but it’s not takin effect or applied to the modal.

I like to check it first and see what’s going on, and allow me to disable all the plugins as well while testing.

Thanks!

Okay check the note. Thanks

Hi @wowflak,

It’s not working because of the broken CSS above it.

Instead of a closing bracket, it’s a close parenthesis. Please fix it from your Theme Options > CSS

Thanks!

Thanks for finding that! However the issue is still the same and if I add:
.x-modal:not(.x-active) {
}

Then my main menu does not show.

I still see the sign up form pop up sometimes when clicking on a menu link.

Hello @wowflak,

Did you already added the code in the custom css section? When I checked the css in the page source, I could not find it. Maybe you are having a caching issues. After doing the any site changes and updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi, I removed the code because it made the menu inoperable.

Hi @wowflak,

In that case, let’s change its implementation. Instead of adding it on Theme Options > CSS, please add this directly to element CSS.

$el.x-modal:not(.x-active) {
}

Thanks!

Thank you, I have added it. But it still is happening.

Hi @wowflak,

Can you provide us a video showing the issue.

I can’t seem to replicate it on my end.
I have also tried removing the css code and it’s still not happening.

Thanks

Sure, see link in private note. Thanks

Hello @wowflak,

Thanks for reaching out. :slight_smile:

Probably it might be a cache related issue. Please try clearing cache and see how that goes. I am unable to replicate the problem on my end.

Thanks.

Still happening for me even in incognito sessions. It is fairly random. Frustrating

Note it is also happening on another site of mine as well.

Hi @wowflak,

I don’t see that popup issue on both urls, though yes, same happens on page loads before I cleared the cache. It happened since I loaded it before, but after clearing the cache, the popup is now hidden upon load. Could you try it on another device and browser?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.