Content is Viewable but not Editable

Hello,

I’ll provide a secure note, content in one of our sections is viewable in page but isn’t editable in Pro.

Hello Mary,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I cleared the cache and after that I opened the page you have shared in secure note in Pro Theme content builder and I am able to edit the contents without any issues.

Please clear site and browser cache and then try editing the page.

Thanks.

You can probably edit the first couple of sections within “product universe” but I doubt you can edit any after “copy of pole mounted”. Please expand that section to see the error.

Hi Mary,

Probable there is HTML or Script syntax error before or on the uneditable area. For now please use the Skeleton Mode to see all your elements, then audit your page content for errors. You can check your HTML code here, if you have Scripts on that page, please remove it for a while and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks,

I don’t know what errors there would be, I used Pro’s editor for all of it. I cloned the section and it’s still doing the same thing. Will I have to rebuilt it because it’s not working? This is frustrating because it’s such a large site, we can’t have sections break and become uneditable.

Hi Mary,

I tried editing the elements and it seems to be working fine.

Can you provide us a video showing the issue.

Thanks

Again, please look at the content in-page vs in editor, we can’t edit that section past “floor standing”. Please review, as there is much more content present in that section.

Hi Mary,

Upon checking your issue further, I was able to experience the same. When checking your server configurations, I see that your PHP memory limit is set to 256MB and your script execution time is set to 30 seconds. Could you please try increasing those values by following the guide below.

If you have increased it properly, you should be able to see the updated values when you head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo section. If the values did not increase, you will need to contact your hosting provider to increase your resources.

Finally, make sure to purge all cache and re-test your issue again. You can refer to the following guide on clearing cache (https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-clear-your-cache-in-wordpress/).

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi Mary,

I have edited your page in Cornerstone and I can confirm that some of the rows does not display in the preview. When I checked the layout tab and use the skeleton mode, I can see the section rows and columns.

You might have added an empty global block or an empty column. Please remove any unused or duplicate section, rows or columns. And also please make sure that you are up to date including your WP core.

Please let us know how it goes.

I know I can view it all in skeleton mode and nothing looks out of place, I just can’t edit most of that section otherwise. I need complete mldarshana’s solution, I just haven’t had the bandwidth.

Hey Mary,

I have duplicated the page in questioned as a template and loaded it in a newly created test page. I was able to edit those sections in the new page. There is something in the page in question that may have caused the issue. I am not sure what is though.

Please check out my test page in the secure note.

Alright, I did the same thing and the error is no longer present. Thank you.

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.