Content Failed to Save WpEngine

Hi All,

I have been having issue saving any changes in Pro since my site was migrated from theme.co to WPEngine.

I am unable to change any text on the website as the save function does not work. I am not sure if this is unique as I have now moved from Theme.co to WP Engine so I’m thinking the hosting is screwing up?

Our website is www.petalite.co.uk

I am happy to provide logins if you can help?

Thanks!

Leigh

Hi Leigh,

Thank you for writing in and sorry that you’re having that issue, I’ve seen this issue before where some of the characters on the site change to � after migration.

Please install WP-ServerInfo plugin, then check your PHP and MySQL version. It should be 5.6 or greater (but not PHP 7.2, there are still known bug with that version). If you see either PHP and MySQL version is in lower version, please contact your hosting support.

Here’s a letter template you can send to your hosting;

I’m interested in running the open-source WordPress <https://wordpress.org/> web software and I was wondering if my account supported the following:

PHP 5.6 or greater
MySQL 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB 10.0 or greater
Nginx or Apache with the mod_rewrite module
HTTPS support

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi @friech

HI Have installed WP-Serverinfo and checked the versions.

PHP v7.0.30-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
MYSQL v5.7.22-22-log
GD 2.1.1

I am on the latest version of Pro.

Any other ideas? do you think the � is causing my save issues?

Thanks,

Leigh

Hello Leigh,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

Hi @RueNel

I have added the login details in a secure note above. are you able to see that?

Let me know what you find

Thanks!

Leigh

Hey Leigh,

I’ve seen a similar issue which might be due to incomplete migration. Can you tell us how you migrated your site or what method did you use? Did you follow our Migration Guide? Before I give the solution, please save all your pages as a template first to be safe. The solution to this would be to:

1. Switch to the default WordPress Text Editor

2. Update your page so the old content would be flushed from the system

3. Switch to Pro and by then you should be able to Save your Cornerstone content.

Please see the secure note for the screencast of the steps. I did that already for your home page. I’ll post a report on this as this is the second time I’ve seen the issue. Though this might be a result of incorrect migration, this might help our development team.

Thanks.

Hi @christian_y

We were being hosted by Theme.co and when we had to switch to WPengine, we used the recommended migration guide.

I will try your solution and get back to you.

Thanks!

Leigh

Sure no problem.
Please let us know how it goes.

I did a restore on the new hosting and it seems to have resolved itself without having to go through the template options.

Thanks!

Thanks for updating the thread. You are welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.