Content Failed to Save Error

I’ve read through all the previous issues which have been posted in the past two weeks. I increased my PHP memory limit which may have been the problem but its still happening in Cornerstone. I migrated from Themeco hosting to Cloudways a week and a half ago. I attached my login info in a secure note.

To elaborate further, I am attempting to edit older posts. New posts save just fine.

Hello @istandard,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I tried editing few posts, pages and in my tests changes are getting saved. Please see screencasts.

Please try clearing browser cache and see how it hoes.

Thanks.

I will give it a try. I increased the PHP limit earlier so maybe it kicked in. Thank you.

You’re welcome, let us know how it goes,

Cheers!

Still happening on older content

Hi istandard,

I checked that specific post and it seems there is a problem saving the post to the database. I am not sure why this should happen but one point that might cause the issue is that you have one pretty long post all added into one section and the PHP object containing the section overflows.

I am not sure but there is an easy way to test. Please install the Post Duplicate plugin and clone that post and in the cloned one try to add new sections and move the element to those new sections.

By the way for me it shows the section and all the items and it is only not saving.

To make sure that we see the same thing, I suggest that you use the latest Chrome browser and clear the browser cache so we make sure that you also see the same thing.

Another point:

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

still having this issue with older posts and pages. I see others have reported this as well. Is this something you guys are working on with Cornerstone? I can edit anything I created recently. I really do not want to have to duplicate and redo all this old content as its still being accessed by visiots. SEO is done on it. Its a really big headache.

Hey @istandard,

The only difference I see between the new and old posts is the generated shortcodes does not exists in the content in your old posts but you still can open the page in the Content Builder which is weird as you could not do that the builder data gets deleted. This could have stemmed from incorrect migration. Did you follow our migration guide?

Also give us cPanel access because we need to check your WordPress setup and database.

It would also be best if you could copy your site to staging as we need to disable all third party plugins and doing that could interrupt your site’s operation. There’s also a risk that it could break your live site. Please give us the staging’s WP admin and cPanel access also.

Thanks.

Cloudways does not have a cpanel. what exactly do you need? They did the migration for me

Hello There,

Could we check your Cloudways settings? There must be a way to check the database in there. If possible, please create a cloudways staging site and give us access to it so that we will investigate and troubleshoot using the staging site and not your live site.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.