Content dock update issue

I updated the Conten Dock extension with other X extensions. In Content Dock, I cannot find the setting for “Include Pages” anymore. Also colour selection is not a text box instead of color selector. I have now idea what’s happening with this version. I am using X and NOT Pro.

I only have these:

Active for all pages Activate for all pages (including created on the future) without to add one by one to the list below.
Active for all posts Activate for all posts (including created on the future) without to add one by one to the list below. input
Use an override image and URL If enabled an image will override content dock with URL as link.

How do I get it back? Also wanted to let you know that none of the settings for any of the extension were restored after the update. I had to set it all up again. A bit of a pain. I reported this in another thread but putting it down here as well.

The update with all Extensions have been real problem with unexpected behaviors.

Hey,

Please, if you could post some logins details in a secure note and we`d be happy to take a look.

P.S: You can search by “secure note” on this article if you don`t know about this: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/themeco-support-overview/288

Please see the previous post.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! There has been an issue with version 2.0.1. We have just release a patch which resolves the issue.

Please check your site now.

Updated: All fixed and back to normal. Thanks for your support.

The only thing is that the Content Dock Extension appears as being not installed in the X Dashboard with Grey button with Install link. If I click to install - it says the folder is already there.

Hi there,

Please kindly go to wp-content/plugins/content-dock, and delete that folder using FTP connection.

Then you will be able to install the new version with no problem. The settings should not get lost as they all are saved in a database, but it will be wise to have a backup of your website just in case before taking the mentioned steps.

Thank you.

Hi Support,

• I deactivated the plugin
  • Deleted the plugin folder “tco-content-dock” folder via FTP
  • Installed the plugin using X menu
  • Activated the plugin. The setting were saved from previous install (Great!)
  • Went back to X Dashboard
  • The Content Dock Extension still has grey button with Install text and not Green like other active extensions. e.g. White label

Hi,

Im using PRO and i have the same problem. It’s just no possible way to set display conditions now. What has happened?

Good afternoon Support,

I am also experiencing all of the same issues listed above after updating Content Dock on two of my sites. The plugin on both sites has been updated to Version 2.0.2 but the following issues persist:

1. “Include Pages” section is missing
  2. All color settings have changed from the color selector to a normal text field
  3. All the links under the “About” section on the right are not working
  4. Under the “Extensions” section on the Pro “Overview” page the Content Dock plugin appears to not be installed even though it is installed.
  5. All the settings and content of the plugin was also lost after the update.

Your feedback regarding a fix for this issue will be much appreciated as the Content Dock now appears on all pages of my websites because I can no longer specify individual pages and it’s causing quite an annoying user experience.

Best regards,

Hi @Glasseye,

Just want to let you know that with 2.0.2 update, it brought back the page and colour selections for me. The only thing is that the extension appears as not installed in the X dashboard.

Have you tried deactivating the plugin and deleting the ‘tco-content-dock’ folder from the plugins directory using FTP?

It seemed to have worked for me in getting in the fixed features. Let us know how you go.

Hi Guys,

Please follow the recommendations of @dshakya if that does not work, please open a new thread briefly explain the situation and provide your credentials in a secure note.

Hope it helps!

Thank you @dshakya

1 Like

Hi @dshakya,

Thanks so much for your input. I have done exactly what you suggest, deactivating the plugin and deleting its folder via FTP, but the issues still persist.

I’ll open my own thread and provide support with my site’s details so they can look into it further.

Best regards,

1 Like

Hi @Glasseye,

This is actually a bug with the latest Content Dock and Pro. I have already reported this to our Dev Team.

dshakya resolve the issue by just re-installing/updating the Content Dock because he is using X, not PRO.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Thanks,

ETA on fix?

Hello There,

The update shall be release in the couple of days. I will make a follow up on this to our developers to make sure that they have missed anything.

Please bear with us.

I’m also waiting on a fix to this. Content dock is nice and simple, however, maybe too simple. Need the ability to include or exclude certain pages (or categories) from this. The option is there for pages - if only the field where you choose the pages appears…

Noted. Please stay tuned for upates. Thanks

Still no fix???

Hi There,

Fix is already there but we can’t provide an ETA of the next update. You can add the fix manually, to do this, login to your server via FTP and navigate to this directory

\wp-content\plugins\tco-content-dock\functions\enqueue

Open/edit the file scripts.php and insert the line of code below on the line 29

'pro_page_tco-extensions-content-dock',

Remember to clear all your caches.

Cheers!

That code does not work. I’ve added it but there is still nothing to address the image insertion issue on the backend.