Content Dock Stuck on Screen

Hi there.

Just trying to implement the content dock onto my site. It seems that when it’s ‘off’ (before 5% of the page has been scrolled or after it’s been closed) it locates slightly to the left but doesn’t actually disappear off screen.

Can you help?

www.ridemorzine.com - the dock is activated on the home page.

Kind regards,
Malcolm

Hi There,

Upon checking your website, I could see that you’ve updated the Cornerstone plugin to the latest version(v3.3.8) but not updated the X theme yet.

Please update X theme to the version 6.3.8 as well.

Here is the update guide:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Hi,

Thanks for pointing that out! I just did the theme update but the content dock is still behaving the same. Any other tips?

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for updating your theme to the latest version. I see the issue is still persist. To isolate the issue, please follow the guidelines below.

1. If you’re using a child theme, you need to switch to your parent theme to see if your child theme customizations are causing this issue. In case if you don’t have child theme, but if you have added any customizations directly to the parent theme also needs to check.
  2. Remove your custom JavaScript and test this issue further.
  3. Disable all of your 3rd party plugins except Cornerstone and re-test this issue to see if one of your plugins causing this issue. If the issue is resolved, you can then activate your plugins one by one to see which plugin causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for those suggestions. Here’s what I found:

1. I’m not using a child theme

2. To my knowledge I don’t have any custom JavaScript in place. There isn’t any in the customizer and there doesn’t appear to be any on the editor for either page that the dock is set to appear on.

3. I disabled all plugins except Cornerstone and Content Dock and the Content Dock still behaves the same way.

Please let me know what else to try.

Kind regards,
Mal

Hey Mal,

I’m sorry but I could not replicate this in my test site so there’s nothing more I could suggest but to see if you’ve set the Width of the Content Dock.

If that does not help, please give us WordPress Admin access in a Secure Note so we could see your actual setup and see if we could replicate the issue.

Thanks.

Hi,

Ok thank you. No there is no width set for the Content Dock. I have included the login deets in a secure note here

Cheers,
Mal

Hi Mal,

As my colleague @christian_y suggested, I have set a width for your content dock (X -> Content Dock) and your issue has been resolved.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Ah, I read that to mean that I shouldn’t have a width set!

Ok thank you - problem solved.

Mal

You’re most welcome, Mal.

Have a nice weekend.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.