Content Dock Stopped Working

Hey, I’ve had content dock installed for several weeks on my page and it’s been working fine. But for some reason, it stopped working. It is installed and activated and up to date, yet it isn’t even an option in the widgets section anymore.

I haven’t added or changed anything to my website recently, it seems it’s just disappeared.

Edit I just noticed it in the “X” dropdown menu and found that it wasn’t enabled. What could have caused this? I haven’t touched it since I first set it up, there’s no way it was manually disabled as I’m the only admin.

Hi there,

I am not sure about this. It is not possible for a theme to get unselected in the Appearance > Themes without human interaction or hacking maybe? I am not an expert on security so I can not comment on that.

I assume that the problem is solved by selecting X again. If not please follow the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

If you still have problem kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Sorry, just to clarify, it wasn’t X theme that was disabled, it was Content Dock under the X menu.

The problem happened after I updated cornerstone, not sure if this is a bug or not.

Thanks again.

Hi There,

It could be due to a file corruption during update. Please provide us with the URL to your site to check your issue.

In the meantime, you can try re-installing the extension to see if that helps. If that doesn’t help, try disabling your 3rd party plugins and see if that helps.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.