Content Dock keeps reappaering on every page

Hi,

The content dock keeps appearing even when the ‘x’ is clicked. Even with the 30 day cookie setting is keeps reappearing on every page in every section. Also when deselecting ‘all pages’ there is no list to assign a page manually.

http://reishuis.nl

Hey there,

Sorry but I don’t see the Content Dock in your site. Please check and give us a screenshot.

Thanks.

Sorry, disabled it and went with Convertplus instead.

Hey,

I am using Chrome and after visiting your site, the content dock appeared and after does not appear again. Can you check it again?

Same problem here - - I have not selected All Pages, but do not see a list to assign pages manually either. https://mortgagewisenewsletter.com

@dnesbit

Upon checking, I see that you’re using an older version of X theme (v4.3.4) and we’re currently in v5.1.1. You need to update your X theme as well as your plugins. You can check the latest version numbers from the below link.

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

Make sure to take a full backup of your site before updating.

Thanks!

having the same issue. It’s on my homepage and won’t go away even when I click the x. I will most likely just disable and go with something else

Hello There,

Thanks for updating this thread! This could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue still exist, please re install the plugin, X theme and Cornerstone. There might be some files that were corrupted. You can review our update guide and see the Manual Update section to re install X.

If nothing else works out, could you please provide the url so that we can take a closer look?

Please let us know how it goes.

Convertplus works fine. Content dock is very buggy. I just went with Convertplus and had no issues

Hi,

Glad to know Convert plus works for you.

I will this issue to our web development team for review.

Thanks

Will updating X erase all of my CSS / JS customizations that are made within Cornerstone?

Hi There @dnesbit,

Your Customizer or Cornestone’s JS & CSS will remain after the update. If you directly edit any theme X files without using child themes, those changes will be erased.

Hope that’s clear.

Sorry for opening this cold case again. I am running X 5.2.3 and the Content dock keeps reappearing on each page even after checking ‘Do not show again’ box. I have it appearing in selected pages only.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating this thread! Are you using the latest version 2.0.3? This could be a bug in the content dock plugin. I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it. They should be able to investigate further and provide an update for this.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi @RueNel

I am using 2.0.2. I do not see any updates. Is there a place I can download it?

UPDATE: I have uninstalled and installed 2.0.3. The problem exists. Thanks for referring to the developers.

Hi there,

Thanks for letting us know.

I have done some testing on my setup but I can’t seem to replicate the issue where the Content Dock still appears on some pages.

I checked your site and there seems to be a JS error which might be causing the issue. Would you mind testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

hi @Jade,

Thanks for your response. I have tested for plugin conflict by disabling all third party plugins. Result is still the same. The JS error was because it couldn’t understand the MIME type of datafile .topojson. Changing this to .JSON, the error no longer exists BUT the problem of Content dock reappearing does.

Please advise.

@dshakya

In that case, kindly create a new topic and provide us with the following info in Secure Note

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!