Content Dock extension not appearing or available

After installing and activating the Content Dock extension, it is not there for me to apply to my root pages. I’ve read that it is not available for non-root pages, but that isn’t the problem. It does say the plugin is activated. It is not available from the “X” dropdown menu either.

Hello Paul,

Thanks for writing in!

Content Dock plugin should display under X menu if it’s in active state. Please make sure that the plugin is active under Plugins > Installed Plugins.

Please try out following solutions too:

1. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello Prasant,

It is installed. I don’t know what a CDN is and how I should clear it.

Hello @PaulConsiglio,

Thanks for providing the details. I can confirm that the X menu item in the left panel is missing. When you install X, you will have two X items in the WP Admin. The one in the topbar and the second one should be in the left side panel as shown below:

In your site, the X menu item in the left panel seems to be missing. Most probably, this could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Usually, you can access the X and Content settings using the url in your secure note.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.