Content changes are failing to save

This is the first time I’m having an issue of editing in Pro & content changes failing to save.

I have tried in firefox & chrome.

I’ve tried deleting the specific image itself or the entire section and nothing will save.

Hi,

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Just note that the latest version as of now is Pro 2.3.8, X 6.3.8, Cornerstone 3.3.8. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory and maximum execution time or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

set_time_limit(300);
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Please try all these and if you are still having an issue, kindly provide us your ftp and wordpress admin login in Secure Note

Thanks.

Ok I’ve tried all of that including #7 with no luck.

I wasn’t sure on #6

Do I want to then change the file back to .htaccess once I re-save the permalinks?

I’m going to include a secure note with login credentials

Please let me know what you come up with.

Thank you!

Hi There,

When I saved the content builder, I got the PHP fatal error:

It might be you couldn’t change default WP_Memory_Limit.

Would you mind providing us with your FTP account so we can check the error logs?

Thank you.

Hmm ok I will contact hostgator now to see if they change that, what would they want to change it to & where is that file located?

I’ll include my FTP here.

Ahh nevermind it was the PHP memory limit issue, I had hostgator increase it to 512 and things are saving just fine!

Thanks for the great support!!

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.