• Pro Child theme 1.0.0

Following Plugins are installed:

• ACF Pro
  • Slider Revolution
  • Safe SVG
  • Envira Gallery
  • Essential Grid

I have encountered the following problem:

While displaying the preview of a post, I encountered the following wordpress error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of bytes exhausted. After that the post, which I wanted to preview was broken in the Pro-Content builder as well as on the live page. However the wordpress post edit page of this post looks and behaves as usual.
What I see now when opening the Pro-content builder for this post:

what I see as preview:

Before the error everything was working normally.

When I create a new post, the builder as well as the preview and live-page behave normal.

What I have already tried to fix it:

• Allocated Memory to wordpress by: define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ ); define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );
  • Allocated 512M memory to PHP on the Server
  • Cleared Browser cache.
  • Disabled Child Theme

Still no change.

When I disable the main Pro-Theme I get the following view for this Post:

I have no clue right now how to fix this, but it would be very frustrating if it was not possible, as I would loose all the work put into that post.

Edit: Forgot to add, that I cant save this particular post in the pro-content builder I receive the following error: “content failed to save”

Hi There @TeyKey1

Thanks for writing in! Upon checking your initial response, first thing that you can try is to update your WordPress core to the latest version (v5.1.1) by following their update guide (https://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress).

With regard to memory limit issue, first you need to verify that your memory has been increased. To do that, please install the following plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and then head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo section and check PHP memory limit value. If that value hasn’t been increased, you need to contact your hosting provider to increase it for you.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

Hello.

Thanks for your Help. I upgraded to wordpress 5.1.1 now, and installed the mentioned Plugin which confirmed, that PHP memory limit is 512M.

With having this steps done, I now receive http error 500 while trying to edit the broken Post in the wordpress interface. In the content builder itsself, I can open it but it still displays the same as in the picture in my first post.

I added the required credentials in a secure note for you to have a closer look on this.

Thank you and best regards.

Hi @TeyKey1,

I still can see the 500 error but couldn’t confirm if it still related to the same issue. Would you mind providing the content of your site’s error log?

And is it a shared hosting? If yes then increasing memory will not help as the hosting provider will limit it that even that configuration will not work.

Thanks!

Hello.

I have finally found out what is causing the error.
In this post I was using a content area with the following content:

[cs_element_section _id="74" ][cs_element_row _id="75" ][cs_element_column _id="76" ][cs_element_headline _id="77" ][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][cs_element_row _id="78" ][cs_element_column _id="79" ][cs_element_row_2 _id="80" ][cs_element_column_2 _id="81" ][cs_element_headline _id="82" ][/cs_element_column_2][/cs_element_row_2][cs_element_line _id="83" ][cs_element_row_2 _id="84" ][cs_element_column_2 _id="85" ][x_feature_list][cs_vorteile elternfeld="vorteile" titelfeld="vorteil_titel" beschreibungsfeld="vorteil_beschreibung"][/x_feature_list][/cs_element_column_2][/cs_element_row_2][/cs_element_column][cs_element_column _id="92" ][cs_element_row_2 _id="93" ][cs_element_column_2 _id="94" ][cs_element_headline _id="95" ][/cs_element_column_2][/cs_element_row_2][cs_element_line _id="96" ][x_feature_list][cs_nachteile elternfeld="nachteile" titelfeld="nachteil_titel" beschreibungsfeld="nachteil_beschreibung"][/x_feature_list][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][/cs_element_section]

What I was trying with this is to take a classic feature list element, style it to my needs. and then use a custom shortcode to insert the text values from an ACF Pro repeater field. At the start it worked flawlessly but it broke the page somehow with php memory exhaust error.

Seems like I am not allowed to do this kind of things, even tough they seem to work at the first glance.

Hi @TeyKey1,

Glad it’s okay now, how about using global blocks and insert the global block shortcode in the content area? Please check this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/global-blocks/24723

And you’re pasting a builder shortcode which will create a loop since each one has the same preview as another unlike global block where everything is isolated to other previews.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.