Content Band, Inner Container Missing

I have noticed that for all my X sites, the “Content Band” available through Visual Composer no longer exists after the last update. I use this to set the “inner container”. All the sites that rely on this are left with shortcode that is not executing anything. Please help!

I had to go into the sites and add margin left and right for now to temporarily fix the situation because they were all live.

All sites are using X-Theme

1 Like

Hello @hjwallace,

Thanks for asking.

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi there, issues still exists. Information provided.

Thanks for your help.

Hi There @hjwallace

The WordPress user that you have created, does not have administrator privileges to check your site settings.

Could you please head over to WPBakery Page Builder Settings > General and make sure “Legacy X Integration” is enabled. After saving your changes, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) and also browser cache when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential caching issues.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Thank you, I have updated user level. Is this a new thing we have to check every time?

Please keep this open for another day while I build out this page. I think you’re right, the inner column is once again an option. But I have a ton of X sites and need to know if this is a new setting that will have to be checked for all the updates?

Hi There,

Don’t worry a thread will only automatically close if 10 days of inactivity.

A common request we get is to not overwrite parts of the WPBakery Page Builder. We are committed to keeping supporting sites from the early days of X where Visual Composer was our page builder but we’ve consolidated all that integration code under one setting. It used to be enabled by default, but you will now need to opt-in to use it and that is the WPBakery Page Builder Settings > General Settings > Legacy X Integration

Then clear any caching feature and your browser’s cache your site might have.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Yes, I agree, I hope you will not overwrite WPBakery. Cornerstone is very difficult to use and takes so much more time since it navigates you off page. I do wonder if I should find a new theme since Cornerstone is pushed so hard and seems to constantly conflict with my page builder of choice, but I love X and have great success with it. I notice that WPBakery doesn’t even work if Cornerstone isn’t installed.

I can see now the container issue is not completely resolved, although it does appear, but it doesn’t behave the way it has in the past. The container is aligning left rather than in the center. I realize I could fix this with CSS but whatever issue I have here will also be on all my other live sites so I really need to figure out what is driving it. Would you mind taking a look at that first panel?

I have another site, Armadalock.com, that this also happened to last week. I didn’t have enough time to open a ticket and try to get to the bottom of things so I had to spend the time writing extra styles. It was not something I’d want to do again and again, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for your help.

I see what’s going on, that content band is the only thing that will center without custom CSS.

Okay, so keep Legacy X Integration going and I should not experience this again? Will this have to be updated after updates, on existing installs?

New issues, text blocks are without padding. This sin’t something I’ve ever had to worry about.

Hi There,

I could see that you added the padding:20px to the extra class field instead of the style field(of your column):

It should be in this field:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

ha ha, yeah, I was working with what I had. I accidentally put it in the wrong field. I didn’t need the padding, was just trying to make things work the way they normally do. They still are not.

Hi,

I checked and can see that there are padding around your text now.

Glad you were able to figure it out,

Have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.