Content Band - Custom Links not working since update to ver 6.3.8

Hi,

The [content_band] links to content on a separate web page have stopped working, since I updated to version 6.3.8.
I have checked the page id and this correct. I have also checked that the ‘Legacy X Integration’ for ‘WPBakery…’ is checked, but to no avail.

My website is www.imatechie.com and the links ‘Here’s what I can do…’.link to the ‘Services’ page and associated content - well it should do anyway.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated as I’m clearly missing something simple!

Hi,

I check and can see you are using relative url for your links.

Please replace it with absolute urls.

eg. http://www.imatechie.com/?page_id=6623#x-content-band-2

Hope that helps

Hi, thank you for your prompt reply.

As suggested, I added the absolute URLs eg: http://www.imatechie.com/?page_id=6623#x-content-band-1 to the first few links in order to test. However, although they work if placed directly in the address bar of a web browser, they still do not work when selected from the ‘Home’ page.

Interestingly (or not), the links when selected on the ‘Home’ page do not display the 'page_id 'when redirecting to the associated ‘content-band’ in the ‘Services’ page. It displays for example:

Hello @IMAtechie,

You are using the default permalinks. Please go to Settings > Permalinks and use “Post Name” so that you can have urls like the following:

and then your link urls could be this:

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Hi,

I understand the logic, but unfortunately it still isn’t working, It is as though the embedded link is simply ignoring the underlying URLs?! When you hover over the link with the mouse cursor, it displays the correct URL.

I looked at this support thread as the developer had the same problem. However, they circumvented the issue rather than resolved it:

Do you want access to my website so that you can take a closer look?

Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

1.Make sure the Legacy X Integration option under WPBakery Page Builder > General Settings is checked:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Turn off all cache plugins.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge and the instructions that you gave me, I have now run the series of tests outlined in your post. However, I’m still having issues with the customised links. They appear to work to a point in the ‘Customiser,’ in that at least you are directed to the correct page, albeit the wrong content block.

In the interests of my sanity, I will send you a secure note containing credentials to my website. Hopefully, you can quickly identify the problem.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi @IMAtechie,

Please use a unique ID, it’s not working since the script determines that it’s supposed to scroll since the ID #x-content-band-1 is present on the current page. Try changing it to http://example.com/services/#tech-services and it will link.

You can change your column’s ID through your visual composer

Thanks!

Hi, thank you for your reply,

So to clarify, the ‘Home’ page currently contains column ID: #x-content-band-1 and this is conflicting with the link to the ‘Services’ page, which also contains the ID:#x-content-band-1. To resolve this, you are recommending that I change the column ID to ‘tech-services’. Is this in the ‘home’ or services page?

I’m just trying to understand this.

In addition, I am not familiar with Visual Composer.

Sorry for the confusion. The Content Band does not have an ID option. See http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/content-band/

You will need to wrap your content with a Column shortcode which has an ID attribute.

I updated the first link in your home page and it works. Please do that for the rest of your links.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Thank you for your help on this, the links are now working correctly.

You’re welcome. Glad we’re able to help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.