Content Area Off Canvas no longer displaying

Hi there,

I’ve added a “read more” content area off canvas to a range of profiles on my website, initially when added the content area did appear to the right hand side when clicked. But i noticed after a few hours that it had stopped working and it only worked for a handful of the content areas.

I duplicated the content area buttons that were working initially and re-purposed them but they still do not work. I’ve inspected the button and looked for any errors but nothing is popping up to help me troubleshoot.

Can someone please advise what to do.

Hi,

Try to replace the content of your content area with just simple text. You might have added something that prevents it from working.

To better assist you with this issue. Kindly provide us your wordpress admin login in secure note.

Thanks

Hi,

Yep i’ve tried that also, it isn’t showing the plain text i’ve entered it in there. It does however work in the live preview mode.

Both the HTML as well as the plain text used.

I’ve entered the log in details via secure note.

Hi,

I have created 2 pages, one to test multiple off canvas and the second one is a complete copy of your page.

In my test page with multiple off canvas, all of them work. There is something in your page that prevent it from working.
Try to delete elements in my second test page while checking each time. This is so we can narrow down which element is causing the issue.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

thank you for having a look,

I’ve started testing and deleting elements and seeing what works. I’ve gotten to the point of deleting everything and then starting over again.

It seems to only like allowing the first 3 content area off canvas to actually work. despite it working in preview mode and despite having some of the rows hidden (depending on screen views size).

Will this be something to do with memory not allowing it to operate properly?

Upon doing more testing i found these warnings in chrome developer

"[Violation] Forced reflow while executing JavaScript took <N>ms"

if this helps also?

Hi,

I can’t replicate that error on my end.

In my text page I tried deleting elements and end a number of speakers
There are more than 3 but all off canvas seems to work.
So there is something in your content that is causing the issue.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

i dont know if it’s just content as I’ve saved the template and imported it into the test1 and there it seems to work, making it unclear which content isn’t working… so i think i’m going to just save the template into a new page and make that the new home page… but i’ve there’s a slight problem in that plan…

it does not bring without the custom font i’ve chosen for some reason. In fact all the pages that i’ve created that aren’t the home page do not use the custom font despite placing it in cpanel as well as stylesheets.

do you know why this might be the case?

Hi Mark,

Can you clarify your issues you’re facing?

Upon checking your website, I could see that the custom font is loading correctly:

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.