Content Area Off Canvas - Mobile Scrolling

I have a couple hundred lines on a content area off canvas element. On mobile the number of lines it scrolls is highly restricted. Can you please advise how I can set this to be normal?

i.e. I’d like to “snap” my fingers down and have the page continuously scroll as expected, vs the handful of lines it seems to scroll as default behavior .

Hi,

It seems to work fine on my test site.

Can you provide us the link to your page where we can see the issue.

Thanks

That’s interesting. I’ll provide access below for you to check out the page on my site. Tested on a Pixel 3.

Hi @justinmking,

I’m using an iPhone 7 and everything looks good:

Could you please share us with your screencast?

Thank you.

That video perfectly shows the issue - can you see how you’re only able to swipe a very few lines at a time and you have to swipe many times to get to the bottom? That’s not an ideal user experience.

If you swipe down fast on the main glossary page (not the modal) it scrolls much farther. This is the effect I’m looking for - increasing the number of lines scrolled by a “snap” in the modal.

Hello @justinmking,

The speed of the swipe events will vary the scrolling of the page or section. If you swipe slowly, there will only be a few lines scrolled. As you swipe faster more and more lines will also be scrolled. This applies to the page and the the modal contents.

Hope this helps.

I’d like to configure that modal so that more lines are scrolled after a fast swipe.

If you go back to the main glossary window and swipe down fast you’ll see that you can scroll many more lines. Is there a way to replicate this in the modal?

Thank you for clarifying. I understand the issue. The thing here is, the area is powered by a custom scrollbar script or scrolling mechanism and it could not replicate all of the browser-native scrolling mechanism behavior and scrolling more lines is one of the behavior it currently could not replicate.

Regretfully, there is currently no option to modify that behavior and replicating the native scrolling might need further research for it to be integrated successfully while retaining the features of the custom scrolling.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.