Content area modal

Can you please help me understand why the content modal at the bottom of the page is not displaying the form correctly? How do I fix this?

https://goalsarecool.com/about/

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

What’s form is that? Would you mind providing your login credentials in a secure note?

I can’t find or see any clue form the source code.

Thanks!

The form is from ActiveCampaign. I can see the form when I’m logged in to my wordpress admin. I see a bunch of random code when logged out.

I do not provide login credentials. Can you please assist?

Hi there,

Here is what we see in the page which you provided the URL:

There is no indication of any code you have mentioned. Please kindly give us more detailed information and the steps you took to add a modal form as you say to be able to give you proper suggestion.

Adding a script of a 3rd party service is considered as a customization which is outside of our support scope and we can give you proper ways to integrate it into the website but we will not be able to implement it for you.

If the ActiveCampaign gives you a script, then you’d better add it to the Child Theme, functions.php file. The hook which you should use is wp_head. You can find an example regarding this here:

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-actions-and-filters-in-x/208

Or you can use one of the actions mentioned in the article:

Thank you.

I’m frustrated with your response. Click the button (content area modal) that says… Get email updates!

It should display an ActiveCampaign form. I can see the form when I’m logged in to my wordpress admin. I see a bunch of random code when logged out.

Can you please assist?

Please give us access to your WordPress admin and we’ll try to test the form in our local test site to see if this is a bug. If you have many headers, please also give us the header name.

Thanks.

I do not provide admin access. Is there anything you can do to help? If I send you the ActiveCampaign form code, can you test it without having to gain admin access to my site?

Hi There,

Unfortunately, the testing needs admin access on your site. The issue is how it is rendered. We can test form code but if it is working on our test site, we need access so we can compare settings. Giving those information will reduce more back and forth.

I provided the information in a secure note above.

Hi there,

Thank you for providing the login information. I managed to check how you added the button and the form. It turns out that you added all the style and Javascript code alongside with the HTML directly into the content section of the Content Modal element which is a wrong approach.

Instead, I went to the about us page and moved the style related part to the CSS options of the page and JS part to the JS options.

Besides that, the error is caused by a script which is n the Pro > Launch > Theme Options > JS:

When you are not logged in those && is turned to && for some reasons and makes the issue.

I tried to remove that code from there but it still is available in the front end. I wonder if you also added that code somewhere else? If yes kindly remove it as that is the problem cause.

I put back the code in the options so you will need to delete code from there too.

Thank you.

"Thank you for providing the login information. I managed to check how you added the button and the form. It turns out that you added all the style and Javascript code alongside with the HTML directly into the content section of the Content Modal element which is a wrong approach.

Instead, I went to the about us page and moved the style related part to the CSS options of the page and JS part to the JS options."

This is why people (including me) don’t like providing login credentials and why I did not provide them for my live site. The problem has not been fixed! As a result, you should have put everything back the way it was prior to your gaining access.

Besides that, the error is caused by a script which is n the Pro > Launch > Theme Options > JS:

The code in the screenshot that you provided was just added. This issue was happening prior to that code being added.

I tried to remove that code from there but it still is available in the front end. I wonder if you also added that code somewhere else? If yes kindly remove it as that is the problem cause.

I did not add that code anywhere else.

I put back the code in the options so you will need to delete code from there too.

You should have put everything back the way it was prior to your gaining access.

It appears that other people are having similar issues…

The problem has not been fixed! Can you please assist?!

Hey @goalsarecool,

I’m not sure what @christopher.amirian changed in your site but we’re sorry about that.

I copied the form code from your about page to my test site and I’ve replicated the issue so this looks like a bug. I’ll post this to our issue tracker so our development team could be made aware of this when they go through the list of reports. Right now, there is no solution to this. You might want to use the Classic Raw Content element instead. I’ve tested that element and it works. Please stay tuned for updates and we’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks.

Thank you for the honest and correct response to this situation. It’s greatly appreciated. Any idea on when this bug might be fixed? If you could update me when you know more that would be great.

Thanks again!
Blake

Hi Blake,

Unfortunately, we cannot provide an ETA. For the moment we recommend to re-work your layout with a different approach. You could alternatively use a lightbox or convert plus if that suite you.

Thanks for understanding.

Was this issue fixed in Pro version 1.2.6?

I’m on Pro version 1.2.4. I’m trying to decide if I should upgrade now or wait for the template manager update.

Thanks!
Blake

Hi Blake,

I am not 100% sure if this was taken care on this release.

But I can guarantee there is no drawback on updating to version 1.26 please give it go.

Thank you

Can you please check?

Hi there,

It’s not yet fixed, all embed codes and forms are affected by this issue and our developers are still on it.

Thanks for understanding.

Thanks! Any update yet?

Hi There,

Unfortunately, there is no update yet. All updates and bug fixed are listed on our changelog: https://theme.co/changelog/