Content Area Modal - Missing All Customizations in PRO Inspector

Hello there,
I’m a huge fan of Pro and X. You guys…it’s seriously wonderful!

I’ve been working with Content Area Modals and at some point in the mix the customization options have vanished. Now all I see is just the field for modal content (html, shortcodes, etc). I’ve checked in a few browsers and have Advanced Mode > Always On configured in PRO settings page. Please see the screenshot below.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

EDIT: Also I should add that this is the case when managing preexisting modal content areas (in which I previously had full customization options) as well as when I try to add a new content area modal.

Hello @blindmonk,

Thanks for writing in!

When you edit Content Area Modal element, you should have this:

Please go to Pro > Settings > Permissions > General > Headers and in Pro > Settings > Permissions > V2 Elements > Content Area Modal. Make sure that all permissions are enabled.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply!

The image you shared is exactly what I used to see. I just double checked and all permissions are (and were) enabled but still no luck. I also tried deactivating numerous plugins.

Any other ideas?

Hi @blindmonk,

Thank you for writing in, sorry but we can not replicate this issue on our with or without the advance turn on. This issue seems to be specific to your setup. Please do testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If you’re using a child theme, please also test switching to parent theme and see if the issue resolves.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi @friech,

Thanks for the reply. I switched from child to parent and also disabled all 3rd party plugins and still no luck. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong here. I’ve also made sure to verify advanced mode is active.

I’m at a loss. Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Hey @blindmonk,

Would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your settings an investigate? Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you in advance.

Will do in just a sec. Thank you :slight_smile:

Hey Roderick,

The options are showing up on my end. This means that the issue is with your browser. Would you mind testing another browser? If you’re using browser extensions, please also temporarily deactivate all of them to quickly test if one of them is causing the issue.

Thanks.

Hi @christian_y,

I ran tests again with Safari, Opera, Chrome, and Firefox making sure all add-ons/extensions were disabled. I got the same results in all four browsers.

There are no ad blockers on my router & modem, but just to be sure I connected to my phone’s hot-spot, on an entirely different network, and still I do not see the customization options.

This is odd. Pro likes you better than me, I guess.

UPDATE: For the sake of it, I just now logged in using the admin login I created for Themeco support. The missing modal content area customizations in Inspector are available with the Themeco account but still not with my personal admin login.

So weird.

What’s my best course of action here? Create an additional admin account for myself? I don’t like the idea of creating another admin account for security issues.

Thoughts?

Hi @blindmonk,

In that case, would you be able to provide the credentials with issue? We will just double check the settings. Once the issue is fixed, you may change password. Please add it inside a secure note. Thank you.

Sure thing, just a moment

Hey @blindmonk,

It’s because you’ve set the Control Navigation to Top Bar.

Because the WP Admin Bar is also displayed, it covered the Control Navigation. I’ve disabled the WP Admin Bar from showing in Pro > Settings > User Preferences > WordPress Toolbar

If you wish to have the same view as my previous screenshot, you should set the Control Navigation to Inline.

Hope that helps.

Oh good! It’s odd that the bar didn’t show up in the top bar of my last screen shot - but that doesn’t matter now - I’m off to the races!

Thank you all so much for your help with this. Have a great week!

You are most welcome. Have a great weekend. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.