Content Area above Nav bar / Edit Masthead

Hello there,

we are currently updating a website that has used an old X theme version.
After updating to the latest version on our development environment,
the masthead has vanished. It was a red box above the top navigation,
as you can see on the screenshot.

On the updated dev environment it looks like this:

How can I insert the masthead again?
I couldn’t find anything…

We are using the X Theme version 6.2.5 on the dev,
and 3.2.5 on the old website.

Thanks for your help!

Lisa

Hi @NM1

Thanks for reaching out.

It should be both 6.2.5 and 3.2.5, since it’s a theme and a builder. Would you mind providing the site’s URL that has this issue? I checked your sites and I’m not sure which one, some are protected by login too. And please provide the login credentials in case it’s the one that requires log in.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I’m not sure how to respond privately, so only you can see the login credentials…
I have sent you a private message with the credentials!

Thanks for your help!

Cheers
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Unfortunately, sending the login details in a private message to any of the customer support agents isn’t the correct way as we work in different shifts and you might get a reply from another agent that replied to your first post.

The correct way to do that is to attach these private information in a Secure Note after your reply, by pressing on this icon as in this screenshot:

Thanks.

Ok, now I got it…

Hi There,

Did you mean the cookie notification?

I couldn’t find that cookie notification plugin in your dev site. I also saw that you’ve commented out the topbar content, so the topbar in your dev site is empty right now:

<!-- <ul class="lang-switch"> 
<li><a href="http://partner-dev.novexx.com">English</a></li>
<li>|</li>
<li><a href="http://partner-dev.novexx.com/de">Deutsch</a></li>
</ul>-->

Could you please double check?

Thank you.

Hi,

no,not the cookie notification - once you agree to the cookies, you should see this on the live page:

The red “box” that says “Partner Portal” - and that one does not show up in the dev.

You can use the same credentials to log into the live:
partner.novexx.com

So you can compare the two.

Thanks!

Hi There,

I could see that you’ve added your custom code under functions.php file locates in the parent theme, it would be gone when you did a theme update.

All your customization should be added under child theme instead.

I suggest you to install the child theme:

After your child theme is setup, please move all your custom code from the parent theme to child theme.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi there,

thanks for your answer!
I have installed the Child theme, and I have checked the functions.php on the live.

There is custom code added, but it doesn’t seem that the code for the red box is in there…could you check again?
Would really appreciate it!

Best
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Please also check on this file x/framework/views/header/masthead.php in the parent theme.

Regretfully, this really isn’t something that we should continue on troubleshooting as product support because this is not a native function of the theme. This is going into custom development which should be directed to a dedicated development team.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.