Contact us phone number and email links not working

Good day.
For Caldwellelectrical.com. I’ve added a contact us widget to header and contact us page. On the contact us page the 9155934966 number and email work just fine on PC but on smart phone they do not ( can’t click on to call or email). strange thing is I have the ABQ number and same email set up the same way and that phone/email work fine on both PC and smart phone??
What do you think the issue is?

Hello Tim,

Thanks for reaching out. :slight_smile:

On mobile I checked the phone number and email address on Contact Us page. It seems to be working fine on my end. I suggest you to clear cache and try loading again.

If you are using old version of the browser, I also suggest you to update the browser and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, I did clear the cache and I even tried it on another phone so on both the El Paso number and email for that location are not clickable.

Hi @timd4888,

I couldn’t replicate this issue on my iPhone 7:

Could you please tell us which phones you’re using?

Thanks.

Thanks for checking on this for me… Tested with Samsung 9 and Iphones X
double checked again and that part is still not working, very confusing why that would be.

Hi Tim,

I inspected your page deeply and it seems like the cache issue, the CSS isn’t applying correctly on your page, elements are overlapping in smaller screens that’s why your links are not accessible. First try clearing out all of your caches (plugin cache / server cache or CDN cache which ever you’ve enabled) then deactivate your optimization services and then check your site again

If it doesn’t help then to fix the issue, you can add the following code n the Theme Options > CSS:

@media screen and (max-width: 767px) {
  .page-id-1438 .x-column.x-sm {
    display: inline-block !important;
  }
}

Don’t forget to clear all caches including your browser’s cache after adding the code. Let us know how this goes!

Is this what your seeing on your end? Clearing all the cache has not helped.

Hi @timd4888,

Please try adding this custom CSS:

.h-widget,
#contactinformation_widget-5 {
    clear: both;
}

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks for the info, did add code, and it changed behavior of clickable area, now it high-lights Albuquerque, but no Phone or email clickable functions??

Hello Tim,

You may have inserted an invalid html code like unclose <a> tag which could result to an issue you are encountering. We are not sure yet because you have minified your html output. Would you mind disabling any minification feature of your site? It is best that you provide us your WP access of your site. You can insert the details in a secure note in your next reply. To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Please let us know how it goes.

after trying the last code. I did enter this code and all is working as it should. Thanks much.

@media screen and (max-width: 767px) {
.page-id-1438 .x-column.x-sm {
display: inline-block !important;
}
}

Nice work team, glad to have your great support…
Go X-Theme

You’re welcome!
We’re glad our staff were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.