Contact Form 7 submission notice not showing

Hi there,

I’ve looked online quite a bit and noticed others with the same problem but their workarounds didn’t help me out. When the submission button is clicked the form submits (and the email is sent) but the form stays filled and no confirmation message shows. Any ideas of what it could be? All plugins are up to date and I tested it with various plugins deactivated with no success. Thanks!

Hi @ajimunro,

Thanks for writing in.

The given credentials are incorrect. I could not verify the problem because I could not check your setup closer.

Please try to reinstall your contact form 7. Please check also if the version is compatible with X theme.

For version guide:

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Ah I apologize. Wrong link but I updated it now. Will check on the version and reinstall plugin. Thanks!

Update: it works now but only after I added the page with the form to the main menu. Not sure why this fixes it but there we go. Is it coincidence or is that a part of the X theme? Navigating directly to the page causes a problem and contact form 7 doesn’t display its messages but if I navigate through another page then it all works fine.

Hi There,

Probable a caching related error, remember to clear your caching plugin/feature after you made changes or updates.

I did try your contact form directly from the link you provided above, and the success message shows up. The only bug that we know with Contact Form 7 is this (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/contact-form-button-to-be-greyed-out-before-success-failure-message/3432/2)

Thank you.