Conrnerstone not saving for page with responsive features

Everything on my site was working perfectly, but when I started making some of my text responsive for mobile optimization, it stopped being able to save. I removed the responsive text and it still won’t let me save any new additions. I also tried to bypass the need for responsive by building new sections with the visibility adjusted to show just on mobile (the “show/hide during breakpoints” in the customize tab) and it also doesn’t save.

I have no idea what’s locking it up. Can you please help me fix this?

Thanks!!

Andy

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in!
This may be due to several reasons. I would like to suggest you few troubleshooting processes to check if this works . for you.

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript, and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code to your wp-config.php

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
    define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
    All the best!

Thanks

Hello @andykongmusic,

Thanks for sharing the login details. :slight_smile:

I created a test page and first I added few elements to see if Cornerstone load issue comes up upon saving the page, which works fine. After that I saved the About Page content as a template and then imported the same in test page and can see the issues with loading. I then reloaded multiple times and About page works and changes are getting saved though, but I had to reload multiple times. https://cl.ly/0J192h3o2u05

Next, I checked the PHP version you are using on the website and can see that on server you have PHP 5.4. Please note that PHP 5.4 is not supported by WordPress and we suggest you to have at-least PHP 5.6 or later. Can you please get in touch with your hosting provider and ask them to update PHP to 5.6? WordPress suggest you to use PHP PHP version 7.2 or greater but as of now WordPress is not fully compatible with PHP 7.2 and there are some teething issues. In that regards, I suggest you to either update PHP to version 5.6 or 7 and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Hey Prasant,

I updated my php to version 5.6 and was able to add responsive text to 3 elements and successfully save it on my page. However, as I continued, cornerstone stopped beging able to save the page again (just as before).

The php update definitely made a difference, as I was finally able to save some stuff, but it stopped being able to save again. So strange.

Can you take another look at my page and see what may be causing it now?

Thanks so much.

Andy

It is definitely being caused by the responsive text features for some reason that locks everything up.

Hi Andy,

It seems the responsive text is causing the issue but not really, I did a test on your about page and was able to save a small edit with the responsive text in there, and also I encounter the “not saving error” without the responsive text in there, the error is intermittent this leads me to think that your site is reaching its memory limit.

I did another test and it seems that is the case. Try increasing your PHP memory limit by adding this to wp-config.php file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

I see that this was already suggested above, but I’m still seeing that your PHP Memory Limit is set to 256 (Dashboard > WP-ServerInfo)

If adding that lines on wp-config.php file do not work (increasing the memory limit), please contact your hosting on how you can increase the PHP memory limit effectively.

You can also test this by deactivating all your plugins (except cornerstone), and see if the issue goes away.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hey Friech,

I increased my memory limit to 512 with Godaddy (my hosting provider) and the problems still remain.

I’m really stuck as to what to do now… What could it be?

Thanks for your help in getting this crazy thing solved!

Hello There,

I have logged in again and edited the page. I was able to make a change with no issues at all.
https://prnt.sc/jazrn2, https://prnt.sc/jazstx

After several edits, I experienced a time out. Your settings seems fine except that the MySQL version is 5.5.51. I would highly recommend that you make sure that you have meet the minimum requirements to run the new WordPress and maybe increase the PHP time limit too.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.