Confused on new Layout Menu within Row

Just updated to the latest version of Pro

In Layout tab, I create a new Row within a Section

I then inspect the row. Under the Layout area (for columns) it has screen icons just to the left. What are these for.

Apologies if the answer is trivial. Is there a tutorial on this new look?

Thanks

Hello @PlanetPluto,

Thanks for writing in!

The icons that you see on the left side will help you to design the layout on different breakpoint offering you much better control. So let’s say on desktop you can display a row having 3 column while on mobile you can take a full width row with single column.

To learn more I suggest you to take look at following tutorial from our YouTube channel. I would also suggest you to subscribe to our YouTube channel as we are uploading new tutorials to help our customer:

I also suggest you to take a look at changelog page for more information. Please scroll down to NEW LAYOUT ELEMENT: ROW:

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

Thank you for getting back.

Is there any guidance on what type of typical devices the different icons represent? eg which one for iPhone7, and which one for iPad etc.It seems that setting these breakpoints could be quite critical.

Thanks
Jeff

Hey Jeff,

We currently do not have a KB article about the devices and their corresponding resolutions because there are plenty of devices available with different sizes but you can check this post to see the standard device width:

You switch the device view in Cornerstone to see the screen sizes covered by each breakpoint:

Hope this helps.

Great…thanks for the explanation.

You’re always welcome!

Cheers.

I’m confused by this new feature as well. Is this supposed to help make a responsive layout or just to control columns? In the past I have always just used the “customize” feature on a row to set the visibility. Then I duplicate the row, set the reverse visibility and edit it for the smaller breakpoints. This is pretty simple and fast. The new feature wouldn’t work if you didn’t want your columns to stack for example right?

Hello Mark,

Thanks for writing in!

Please create a new ticket as posting on a ticket created by a different user causes lot of confusion which slows down the response time even if the ticket is similar. For a faster response time without creating confusion, please create a new ticket and someone from support team will assist you further.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.