Conerstone unresponsive

I’m really frustrated i’m still having issues with cornerstone becoming unresponsive. I’ve had a few tickets out on this and it still keeps happening. Reading through the forum, it seams like many others have the same issues. I’m gone through everything suggested to me and in other forums to remedy this, but still no luck. All of my plugins I have are the ones packaged with xtheme.

I followed these steps listed in this and other posts: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-the-preview-was-unresponsive-after-loading-error/23551

I constantly am clearing my browser cache, I have no CDN and no caching plugins enabled on my site. The only additional javascript I have is provided by your support for equalizing columns.

I predominately use Firefox developer edition as my browser, but have had the same issues on chrome.

The issue is intermittent but very annoying that i’m constantly having to re-do work i’ve done as it won’t save, or having to open a page multiple times before content shows (https://imgur.com/a/byH8P) and or while i’m making changes, nothing shows in the preview until I save and re-load.

I have other xtheme and pro sites on my server that work just fine. It seams these issues came on this site after the big update to xthemes.

Please please help.

p.s. I added all my site info in a note. I also added a link to a screenshot video to show what i’m experiencing. I also tried in chrome with the same results.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have logged in and managed to investigate your homepage. I used the skeleton mode to check each of the elements. The skeleton mode is very useful when editing for faster response and easy access of the elements on the preview area.

It turns out that you have inserted an invalid html code which may have created a conflict in the preview area. For example:

<div id="ember5670"  class="ember-view cs-element-preview cs-element-preview-wrapper cs-draggable"><ul class="x-ul-icons font-120"><div id="ember5684" class="ember-view cs-element-preview cs-element-preview-wrapper"><li class="x-li-icon"><i class="x-icon-check" data-x-icon="" aria-hidden="true"></i>Register</li>
</div><div id="ember5697" class="ember-view cs-element-preview cs-element-preview-wrapper"><li class="x-li-icon"><i class="x-icon-check" data-x-icon="" aria-hidden="true"></i>Educate</li>
</div><div id="ember5710" class="ember-view cs-element-preview cs-element-preview-wrapper"><li class="x-li-icon"><i class="x-icon-check" data-x-icon="" aria-hidden="true"></i>Improve your health</li>
</ul>
</div>

And the correct code should only be this:

<ul class="x-ul-icons font-120">
    <li class="x-li-icon"><i class="x-icon-check" data-x-icon="&#xf00c;" aria-hidden="true"></i>Register</li>
    <li class="x-li-icon"><i class="x-icon-check" data-x-icon="&#xf00c;" aria-hidden="true"></i>Educate</li>
    <li class="x-li-icon"><i class="x-icon-check" data-x-icon="&#xf00c;" aria-hidden="true"></i>Improve your health</li>
</ul>

Please be very careful when inserting a custom html code because it can messed up the whole page or even break Cornerstone.

I would suggest that you edit back your page, use skeleton mode and inspect all your html code. Please make sure that it is valid and correct. Any unclosed html tag should be remove or corrected.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi there, I am sorry about that, I can see that was creating more issues, but I’ve had these site issues for a lng time on and off now, and I had only added that code the day I posted this message.

The issue is still happening though even though I corrected the invalid code. These issues have been happening since my blank install where I only had the demo content loading.

Hey @reform,

Intermittent Cornerstone issues are commonly due to hosting limitations. I have read you said you have other X / Pro themes in your server and they’re working fine except this site you have reported. It is possible that only this site is being affected by your hosting usage limits. If you’re in a shared hosting, this is most likely the case. If you’re in a managed hosting or VPS environment, the cause might be due to server configurations. Please check with your host if you have hit the limits this past week or month. I only see you’re near the bandwidth limitation (see Secure Note). In some cPanel setups, you could see if you’ve used up CPU and Memory usage limits but I don’t see that in your cPanel.

X / Pro has been updated to have better features that most users requested. With new features, come changes in the codebase which might break your site due to incompatibilities including hosting / server related setups. This why it is recommended that you test every update in a staging server until you see all functions that you use are stable.

What I’d recommend, since you said the issue happened due to theme updates, is to revert from a previous backup of your site when everything was working well. Then, copy your site to a staging environment either on the same server or new hosting and test the update. It would be best though that you isolate this site from your other installs.

I also don’t see a caching plugin in your site but in the WP Admin Toolbar, there’s a menu for caching (see Secure Note). Please contact your host to clear all caching and disable the caching system in your site to see if caching is the cause of the issue your experiencing. Once this is solved, you can enable caching back.

Thanks.

Thank you for your lengthy response. I have had all this mentioned to me before in past posts about this issue. Unfortunately none of it has helped.

1. All my resousource limits are set as reccomended to be by support. I have memory_limit = 512M, running PHP version 7.0, max_execution_time = 300

2. I am well within my hosting resource limits, so no issues there (I also doubled checked this with the host)

3. Not sure what you mean “What I’d recommend, since you said the issue happened due to theme updates,” Like I said this has been an issue since I created the site with the demo content. I had already did this in the past with another supports help, the issue is still the same.

4. I do not have any caching enabled on the site, I can see what you are showing in the images, but I do not have any caching enabled.

Hi There,

If all of our suggestions did not work, then that means the issue is more likely a server-side.

I did check your homepage and do a little edit (change a period to exclamation mark), the saved take effect and I did not encounter the issues that you showed in the clip nor on the screenshot, though I see a couple of issues that both could be the culprit of what you’re experiencing.

First, when you open your homepage either on Cornerstone or on the frontend, this is the very first error that you’ll see on the console.

This error seems to have something to do with YouTube video and security. Try removing the YouTube videos you have on your page and observe if the issues persist.

Second, you have the PHP version 7.0 which is fine, but your MySQL version (v5.5) is behind from what WordPress require, please contact your hosting if they allowed you to update the MySQL version (depends on your plan). If not, then clone your site on a staging server with a MySQL version 5.6 or higher.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.