Conerstone Not Working in staging environment

Hey there I just set up a staging environment for my site through my host. I see there was as a similar issue with someone else. However, when I look at my site URL, it’s showing the correct address. Any ideas?

So i checked out my database for the staging area, it had not been changed. I changed it and now I can open the “hello world” post, but my home page just spins on the cornerstone logo and won’t load to edit…

I also tried the following:
Set permalink to post name and check, Try adding this in your wp-config.php located at the root directory of your site.

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );
You can add it before the line

/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Still no dice.

Once i cleared my cache, it seems that changing the home url had broken the site. So I reverted it back to the original URL. I’ve also reverted the wp-config.php back to its original. I’m with Siteground hosting if that helps.

Right now this is a known issue with Siteground staging unfortunately. The Siteground team are aware of the issue and working on a patch that resolves the issue as it’s how their staging functionality handles URLs where it doesn’t update correctly.

If you go to your wp-admin > settings > general, you should see the live URL on your staging site, update that to the staging URL and everything will then work correctly. The Site URL and WordPress URL should be the same as your staging URL.

Thanks!

I’m having the same issue.
SiteGround has been working to get me going for a couple of days and here’s what they came up with.

They added this line in the staging wp-config.php which doesn’t interfere with the SiteGround staging tool.

Code:
define(‘WP_SITEURL’, ‘https://www.staging_site_url.com’);

WP admin > Dashboard > Settings > General:
WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) need to stay the original site URL or non-staged version of the URL.

This has gotten everything working except the Content Editor / Cornerstone.

I asked SiteGround support if it was a result of the hosting mod_secutiry mentioned in the Troubleshooting Pro Known Issues (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-pro-known-issues/203) and this was their response:

"It is true on some occasions certain resources may be blocked by a mod_security rule as our servers are indeed using apache mod_security. However in this particular case their statement is not correct our custom mod_security rules are not preventing any of the resources on your account from being displayed. Such occurrence would imidiatelly get logged in the server’s error logs and we will be able to clearly see it and white-list your account for the particular ruleset, but this is not the case here.

As I mentioned earlier there are no server side errors being logged when the content builder renders the error:

A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.

We recommend that you further discuss the matter with the theme developers."

@Feldspar

Please check for the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

If those doesn’t help, please open a separate thread and give us access to your WordPress admin in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Any update on this? I have a client staging review and all work is on hold because of the inability of Cornerstone to work in staging.

Regretfully, there’s no update yet. The issue is on SiteGround’s site as their staging uses the live domain unlike other hosting providers.

Thanks.