Conerstone not loading

Updated yesterday to new version 5.2.2. I can no longer edit my pages using cornerstone. and the error message comes up as “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading”

WordPress 4.8.2 running X theme.

I have tried to switch off a couple of pluging to see if there is a conflict but none seam to alter the state of hang.

Any suggestions welcome

They are very busy, my issues from a few days ago still didnt get fully answered. My best suggestion to you is to clear the cache. If you tried it, try a different browser.

It must be one of the settings you have for those pages. One guy had something above masthead and that made the problem. Try looking through the settings and figure it out or wait for them to reply. If you get a reply in 24 hours consider yourself lucky, they are very busy.

Hi @dmacoxford

Please provide your login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

@Bark201

Thanks for the input.

Cheers!

Sorry was out of the office yesterday, I have created a secure note for you.

Hello There,

Thank you for the credentials. Please try disabling minification from W3 Total Cache plugin. Then clear cache and try again. Let us know how this goes.

Hi Lely, I can now view the page backend but it is saying my content is a classic element and classic text and will not allow me to edit the content.

How do you amend the copy? why has this altered.

Hi There,

The old elements are now called Classic element because there is now an Advance element (also known as V2 element)

Click the input field and the text editor should pop up (https://prnt.sc/gyrey0)

Thanks,

Ok so I can now amend a classic element. Thanks - it not as easy as before. Clients will need more training on how to amend copy. If we are creating new element rather than classic is the editing done in the same way?

Hi There,

New v2 elements have more advanced controls and options available. For detailed information, please refer to the following article (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/introducing-v2-elements/10168).

Thanks!