Comments don't show on home page

I’m not sure where in the settings to get my comments to show. They are activated on the page settings but not showing up when I visit the page. I have the facebook comments plugin installed, could there be a conflict? In the Cornerstone preview for that page, it shows zero comments. I have facebook comments set to “time”. The facebook comments function is working as intended as far as I can tell. Comments posted to facebook properly.

My site is live at https://mredsanders.net using the X theme and Integrity stack (light).

Hello,

Thank you for writing in!

First of all, you can check if the comments are allowed on the page in the Discussion section - check the section here - if it is enabled, could you post some logins details in a secure note? We`d be happy to take a look.

P.S: You can search by “secure note” on this article if you don`t know about this: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/themeco-support-overview/288

Secure note sent. Many thanks in advance!

Looks now like I have somehow set my blog index to two columns, broken pagination trying to see how it would look with various styles, so your guidance is greatly needed. We want the full width template for the blog index and right sidebar for the single post template.

Regards, Ed Sanders

Well I noticed that the Icon stack was very similar to Integrity, so I switched to that and now my blog index page is working correctly again.

Would still like my homepage comments to show.

Many thanks for helping. Regards, Ed Sanders

Hi Ed,

Based on Page settings and on Settings > Discussion, comments should appear. We might be seeing cache content but there’s no caching plugin. In case you have caching on your server, please try to clear cache so it can regenerate updated content. If none, you could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Yes, it was a third-party plugin called Sola Testimonials Pro. I de-activated that and the comments are working again. I have the unpaid plugin installed and the comments show, but the pro version breaks it. Will have to contact them and see if there is a fix…

Thanks again for looking. Regards, Ed

Update: Narrowed the problem down to the presence of the testimonials slider. Re-activated the Pro version without the slider and comments work as expected. Also doesn’t work on the pages that have the testimonials short code on them.

Thanks for letting us know.

Let us know if you need assistance with anything else regarding this issue.

Best!