Comments box doesn't show in posts

Hi,
I have an issue with the comment box. it’s the standard Wordpress comments box. The comments box shows on the pages but not on the posts. I’ve checked the settings and everything looks set up correctly, the discussion box is marked and it should show on my posts but it doesn’t. I can’t understand why it shows on the pages but not on the posts. I don’t know if it’s a Wordpress or Theme issue. Does anyone encountered the same problem? Any advice? Thank you.

Hello @anny_sunny77,

Thanks for writing in! This should not be the case when the comments were enabled. Please make sure that it is enabled. You can check it in Settings > Discussions. ​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hey Anny,

Thank you for providing the credentials. I went ahead and turned off the option
Automatically close comments on articles older than 15 days under Settings > Discussions (see screenshot)

With that option enabled, comment box will disappear from the posts automatically after defined number of days, so your posts were older than 15 days that’s why there was no comments box on your posts.

Please clear your browser’s cache and check the posts again.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Anny :slight_smile:

Glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.