Columns stacking

I am having a problem with columns. When I add columns they stack one on top of another in all layouts. Any help is much appreciated.

Hi Pat,

Thank you for writing in, please make sure that you’re on the latest version, WordPress 5.3, and X 7.1.0 and Cornerstone 4.1.0.

Updating WordPress
Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If the issue persists, please do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi there,

Sorry to piggyback - I am having the same issue. I have updated all the themes and plugins, cleared the cache, and have checked for plugin conflicts but nothing has changed. Do you have any other advice?

Hi @bradkerin,

First, I have remove your credentials on this thread. Please note it is always recommended to ONLY share credentials on a thread you have created because SECURE NOTE content are visible to the original poster.

I have checked the page in question and it appears as intended. The same on the builder and frontend. Did you figure this out already? If not, please give us more details on a new thread instead. Open a new thread and we will help you there and please share the credentials there only if needed. Thank you.

Hi there,

thanks for your response! It turns out there were a bunch of issues that I had to deal with, that had affected how several parts of the theme builder (in cornerstone) was operating - including the spinning wheel that was preventing me from actually getting into cornerstone.

Essentially I had to do several thing to fix the above stacking issue (as well as several other things that weren’t working):

1. Update Wordpress theme to most recent version.

2. Update X theme to most recent version (important, even if using an x child theme - the x theme that is not activated still needs to be updated; and

3. Perhaps the most important, but most sneaky/forgotten element: the php needs to be updated to the most recent; at the time of writing this it was upgrading to PHP 7.2. Clicking through the Wordpress dashboard led me to believe that an out of date PHP had already been solved (and that I didn’t have to do anything), but this was incorrect. Best thing to do, is check with your webhosting provider about updating PHP. I called our webhosts, and they showed me where to look in Cpanel (updating the PHP for the correct subdomain in multi-pHp in Cpanel). This instantly fixed everything.

Frustrating when the fix is nothing to do with plugin conflicts; sometimes as simple as updating wordpress, x theme, and the PHP through Cpanel.

Best of luck everyone - hope that helps (and makes sense) :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing and glad it’s working now! Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.