Columns are stacking issue

Hi there,

When I select to have 2 or more columns in a section, they actually stack one under another instead of being next to each other horizontally. I can’t figure out why it is happening. I have the same issue with the footer widgets. I set up 4 widgets and they stack one under another vertically. In conclusion all content I add stacks and I don’t want it to. Can you please help?

Hi there,

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi there,

It’s because of your CloudFlare minification.

1. Please go to Speed section in your CF and turn off CSS and JS minification
  2. In the same section, scroll down and turn off Rocket Loader
  3. Purge your CF cache

Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response @Rad but I am not sure what you are talking about. I don’t use CloudFlare.

Hi there,

Maybe it’s your hosting provider’s feature. In that case, you should just disable it in your hosting panel, or contact your hosting provider to disable it.

You can view your site’s source code in your browser and you’ll see something like text/rocketscript in all <script> tags which indicates it use CF’s rocket loader and caching. Another thing is, if you check your site’s network log through browser developer tools, you’ll notice something like this

CF-RAY:3ce98801363b7038-SIN Connection:keep-alive Content-Encoding:gzip

Having CF-RAY means your site is served through CloudFlare.

Thanks!

Hi there,

So I figured out how to disable the CF minification which fixed the issue but I started reading more about this and I am wondering how come x theme does not function properly when minification is enabled? Disabling the minification actually makes the site loading speed slower which can lead to bad SEO ranking in the search results.

Hi there,

The thing is that the minification is causing the issue for the Cornerstone and the theme assets, as those assets are already minified, ad CloudFlare trying to minify again creates the problem.

You can use other plugins which give you more options for the minification, Then you can remove the minification of the Cornerstone assets and you should have the other files minified with no problem.

You may need to consult with an IT expert regarding this to find the best solution for your website performance.

Thank you.

Hi,

thank you for the clarification and the suggestions.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.