Columns Appearing Like Rows with Update of 3.0.4 Pro & 4.0.4 Cornerstone

In Pro 3.0.4

In Cornerstone 4.0.4

When I updated the Pro them on my sites and Cornerstone on others to the lastest update 3.0.4 & 4.0.4 I add a section click and click the column layout I want it is creating them as rows instead of columns. ( see images above ) How can I correct this issue? I need columns to be columns and rows to be rows.

Thank you in advance

Hello Steve,

Thanks for writing in!

I tested the column layout on my local setup and I am able to change the layout. Please try out following solutions and let us know the outcome:

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  2. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi -

Thank you, for getting back to me, site running Pro is now working properly (nothing was changed) However the site using Cornerstone is still not laying out the columns correctly I have confirmed that it is not a plugin conflict and will try Increasing the PHP memory limit do you recommend 512M?

Thanks again - Etana

Hi Etana,

It could be due to cache, please go to Admin > X > Status and clear its cache. Then test your builder again, and yes, please increase the memory limit, 512m should be enough :slight_smile:

I also checked and I don’t see any setting that should stack the columns.

Thanks!

Hi Thank you,

To be Clear I am using the Cornerstone builder inside the BuddyBoss Theme, Not the X theme, I was able to find where to clear its cache but that didn’t make a difference the columns are still stacking. Below is the report from cornerstone, I have not yet increased the PHP memory as I will have to ask my IT guy to make this change.

But want to make sure you don’t see anything below.

Cornerstone was functioning perfectly within this theme on my site prior to the update. If you view: http://activlearn.21mill.com (you can create a free account) the homepage was created using cornerstone prior to the update and if I load the template for the homepage in a blank page it places the columns correctly.

Site

Site URL - http://ec2-13-57-245-38.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com
Home URL - http://ec2-13-57-245-38.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com

WordPress Environment

Version - 5.2.3
Debug is on - No
Language - en_US
Is Multisite - No
Memory Limit - 40M

Web Server Configuration

Software - Apache/2.4.29
PHP Version - 7.2.19-0ubuntu0.18.04.2
MySQL Version - 5.7.26-log

PHP Configuration

Post Max Size - 128M
Time Limit - 300s
Max Upload Size - 100M

Active Theme

Name - BuddyBoss Child
Version - 1.2.2
Folder - //var/www/html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/buddyboss-theme-child/
Parent Theme Name - BuddyBoss Theme
Parent Theme Version - 1.2.2
Parent Theme Folder - /var/www/html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/buddyboss-theme

Active Plugins

• BuddyBoss Platform 1.1.9
  • BuddyBoss Products Updater 1.2.6
  • Classic Editor 1.5
  • Cornerstone 4.0.4
  • LearnDash Visual Customizer 1.7.5.1
  • LearnDash Course Grid 1.5.5
  • LearnDash GravityForms Addon 2.1.1
  • LearnDash LMS - Notifications 1.2.0
  • LearnDash ProPanel 2.1.3
  • Reveal IDs 1.5.3
  • LearnDash LMS 3.0.7.1
  • Soliloquy 2.5.7
  • Tin Canny LearnDash Reporting 3.3.1

CDN

Click this button to check what CDN this site is using. - Check CDN

Hello Steve,

Those settings were correct and has nothing to worry about. We also have check the issue and we could not replicate it from our end. Please provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you in advance.

Hey Steve,

To be precise, the new Row layout is not working on your site. Only the Classic Row works.

The reason for this is the new Row layout is only currently available for our X and Pro themes. I recommend you select Classic Row under Preferences for now.

I’ll post this case in our issue tracker to clarify with our developers if the new Row layout system will be supported for standalone Cornerstone.

Thanks.

1 Like

Ok, I can work with that for now. Thank you for taking a look and determining the problem. I do hope they will correct this for Cornerstone Standalone.

Hey Steve,

I believe this will have a solution in one of the succeeding releases. You can paste this code from our theme in the custom CSS interface of your theme for now. That will not be supported though so if you can wait for the official integration, that would be great.

.x-row-inner {
    display: flex;
    flex-wrap: wrap;
    flex-grow: 1;
    flex-shrink: 1;
    flex-basis: auto;
    min-width: 0px;
    min-height: 0px;
}

Thanks.

1 Like

Nope…cleared system cache. This is screen shot from Pro theme using cornerstone…everything updated.

Hi Eric,

On your screenshot, the Layout is set to one column that is why your two stack to each other, if you want to have 1/2 + 1/2 column, please choose the two column layout.

If you have a follow up question please write that on a new thread as this one has been solved and it getting longer and harder to follow.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.