Column gone after update

I have a client site that has lost the side column. I checked the template settings and the choice is right sidebar and left content. Up to this point (for a couple years) it has always been left sidebar and right content. That was baffling enough. I have an auto updater to assist them in keeping the site secure and updated. It is a site that gets a lot of traffic so this had to have happened last night or today during an update. The staff does not do much with the site so I am assuming it is an update the caused the issue.

Please take a look and advise. Thank you.

https://www.bransonchamber.com

Hi there,

I tried checking some pages on your site and they seem to be displaying fine although I am not certain which page you are referring to as you have several pages on the site.

Kindly try to clear your site and browser cache then check the site again.

In case you are still not seeing the column, kindly direct us to the page and the column that is not displaying so that we can check further.

Thank you.

The main body column is displaying fine. There should be a sidebar left and content right on every page but the homepage. All there is right now is the content right. Please help. My client is freaking out. Thank you.

I can see the widgets for the sidebar. They do not display. I can see the widgets in the footer and the footer displays. This is strange. The site has worked fine for two years or more and now the sidebar is gone.

Hello There,

There could be a custom code that prevents the sidebar from showing. To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

Hi @kstidham,

I checked and your site’s layout setting is really a boxed and full-width layout, and with that, sidebars aren’t really going to appear. Plus, your home page and other pages use a blank page template which also doesn’t have a sidebar. Please go to Theme Options > Layout & Design > Content Layout and change it to Sidebar Left, Content Right.

Thanks!

That worked…but it was not changed on our end. It has had the same settings for over two years. You may want to make sure the update is not causing this.

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Hi Keith,

Glad it works for you now.

I have tried to reproduce the issue by updating one of my local site, but I couldn’t. So this issue could be something that is related to your setup and server configurations.

Thanks!

I have a couple issues going on and had them mixed. My reply was for the other issue. Thanks again.

Hi @kstidham,

In that case, please provide your FTP login credentials as well as I can’t check your child theme’s code in the admin.

Thanks!

I am sorry but is this for the shortcode issue or the missing sidebar issue. The sidebar issue is resolved. I still do not know why the use of shortcode would stop the page from loading. Thanks.

Hi Keith,

Please write a new thread and clarify your issue regarding the shortcode, as this one is getting too long and becoming hard to understand the issue.

How To Get Support

Thank you,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.