Colors do not change in Ethos them layout and design no RGB code show and preview does not work

Hello Sally,

The background color changes were not reflected on the preview because there is a background pattern in effect.

This is what I have suggested in my previous reply above. Anyways, I went ahead and removed it already so that you can change the background color of your site.

Please check your site now.

Nothing changes. In the Ethos theme I go to layout and design and select a color from the color bar and select a color and then the theme appears to try to make the change but nothing happens. No color at all. Is there a pre-view issue or do I need to maybe reinstall xthemes on my laptop?

Hello Sally,

I have logged in back in your WordPress dashboard and change the background color of your ethos stack. The preview is working on my end. Please check this out:

Are you not getting the same results as I did? Please clear your browser cache or use private browsing mode and test your site again.

Please let us know how it goes.

I cleared cache and use private mode and nothing changes. I notice on my end when I used the color slide and select a color the rgb codes stays a 00 ,00, 00 and when you made the change the rgb code is 200,42,42. I have not been able to get the site up on running with xthemes and have had the product for oveer 30 days.

Hey Sally,

That is not the case on my end when I test your site. I can use the color slider and it gives the rgb code without any issue. What browser are you using? I would recommend that you use Chrome or Firefox.

Hope this helps.

I am using Chrome. Any suggestion? If not how do I uninstall and reinstall? TY

Hello Sally,

Have you tried it in Firefox or other browsers? I am not sure which OS you are using, just check out this link:
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95319?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Hope this helps.

I do not want to use other browers. I am up to date on Chrome versions.

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

How would I go about uninstalling xthemes and reinstalling? Also do I need to uninstall X in WP Dashboard?

TY

Hey Sally,

Do not uninstall X and Cornerstone. Just update it manually.
Please check out “Manual Updates” section in this knowledge base article:

Please let us know how it goes.

I updated to version 6.4.6 and still have the same issue. Any Ideas? I wish there was an 800 support number as I know this can’t be that complicated.

Hello Sally,

Regretfully we do not have any 1-800 support number.

We are out of options here. We cannot replicate the issue from our end. I am using Mac, viewing your site in the latest Chrome version.

When you first load the page, I got this:

As soon as I move the color in the slider, the preview reloads and apply the chosen color:

Please clear your browser cache or use incognito mode and test your site again.

I have cleared cache / went incognito and updated to the latest version of Xtheme and using the current version of Word Press. It has to be a preview issue and the codes show 00’s as your example shows and when I move the color slider and select a color it looks like it appears to try to change but no colors show and the codes stay 00’s.

Does your support staff have the capability to remote into my pc to see exactly what is happening.

I am using a windows pc

Hi Sally,

I’m on PC (Windows 10) and using Chrome as well. Can you see your site background is changed to light green now?

Maybe you’re doing something wrong, can you confirm that the color you’re changing is the one on Theme Options > Layout and Design > Background Color.

And I did turn off the Endurance Cache, for now, to make sure that there is no caching involved.
(Settings > General > Cache Level)

Can you provide a screencast on what you’re doing, so we can try to replicate it on our end?

Thanks,

Hi Sally,

Another support staff here. I also checked the case and I could change the background color easily. I recorded a screenshot so that you can see how I followed up with the settings:

If you have another experience, it might be a specific case of your machine as I am the 3rd person that checked and this is working ok. You can test the case by checking the admin with another machine with the Chrome browser.

Thank you.

I do not have another machine to test on. My Themes that come with Word Press work no issues. I have not been able to get my site up and running with Xthemes and all software is current versions. I want to cancel and receive a full refund. Who do I talk to and is there a 800 number to call and cancel.

Hi Sally,

You may contact Themeforest for the refund as they handle that matter. I also checked myself and the background color is working okay from your site. It’s currently set to semi transparent orange.

Thanks!

It is not working on my end at all.

Hello Sally,

With regards to refund, all sales are handled through ThemeForest, and their parent company Envato handles all refund requests. You can read more about their process here.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.