Color of current/active link and behaviour of mobile menu

Hi there

I have two smaller issues on the page I’m currently working on.

First issue:
I’ve created a menu bar which is initially hidden and shows up on scrolling. It includes links with anchor tags to navigate on the page. The inactive color of the links should be white and when you scroll to the linked section it should turn red. But now all of them are red as soon as the bar shows up. What did I do wrong? (http://schaffh4.myhostpoint.ch/allgemein/uebersicht/)

Second issue:
When I open my menu and click on a drop down item on my mobile, the menu closes and the page is displayed. That’s fine. But when I click back on the menu it is collapsed again. Is there a way to keep it open on the current page?
(e.g: I have Home / Unser Service / Events it should stay like this and not fall back to Home / Unser Service)

I hope you understand my requests.

Thanks for your help!

Best, Christian

Hello Christian,

Thanks for writing in! The menu items were red because red was the assigned color as we have inspected it. You might selected or tweak the wrong settings. ​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hi Christian,

1. Please set interaction to white

then add the code below in Header > CSS

.x-anchor.x-currently-active {
  color:rgb(186, 19, 19);
}

1. You can try adding this in Header > CSS
.x-menu li.current-menu-parent .sub-menu,
.x-menu li.current-menu-parent .sub-menu.x-collapsed {
    display:block !important;
}

Hope this helps

Thank you for your feedback.
The strange thing is that I created it just the exact same way on another page: http://schaffh4.myhostpoint.ch/service/events/

There it works just the way I want. At the beginning all of the links are white and as soon as I start scrolling they turn red when it reaches the anchor tag within a section. There I also defined it as the interaction color of the Primary Text Style.

Couldn’t there be another reason?

Best,
Christian

Hi Christian,

I found the issue, it’s this setting

I went ahead and turn it off for you.

Thanks

Hi Paul

Ah, wonderful. Now it’s just the way I wanted it to be. Thank you.

Do you have any thoughts on my second issue from my initial request?

Second issue:
When I open my menu and click on a drop down item on my mobile, the menu closes and the page is displayed. That’s fine. But when I click back on the menu it is collapsed again. Is there a way to keep it open on the current page?
(e.g: I have Home / Unser Service / Events it should stay like this and not fall back to Home / Unser Service)

Hi @Indiespect,

About the second issue, it’s not currently possible with the available options. But yes, still doable with custom development but could be complex in which we can’t provide here in the forum. I recommend contacting a developer for implementation.

Thanks!

Thanks Rad,

No worries. That’s just something that would be nice. But it’s not really necessary.
Have a great day!

Best, Christian

You’re welcome, Christian.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.