CodeCanyon X doesn't have the latest version of plugins

Because of a current problem with my hosts servers, it’s impossible right now for me to do automatic updates with my plugins, so I am having to do them manually through FTP. However, the versions of the plugins with X that are currently on Codecanyon are not the latest versions. Is there any way this can be corrected?

Hello @TPTide,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Are you sure that you are downloading correct plugin? I just downloaded Cornerstone from Codecanyon and I got the latest version of our page builder tool.

You can also use following URL (please see secure note) to download Cornerstone directly.

Thanks.

No, it’s not cornerstone, it’s the included plugins with the X theme such as Convert Plus, Envira Gallery, Essential Grid, etc.

Hello @TPTide,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Those are bundled plugins and comes with X and Pro Theme. As and when plugin developer releases update after thoroughly testing for compatibility we release them for our customers.

Thanks.

OK, do you have any idea when that might be? I don’t use all the plugins on my site, but there are a couple of plugins bundled in the X theme on Condecanyon, like Envira Gallery and Essential Grid, that are several versions behind current.

Hi There,

You can see all the current X compatible versions from the following link (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195). Also you can always check our changelog for important update information and notices (https://theme.co/changelog/).

Thanks!

Yes, I can see the compatible versions and the changelog. My concern is that plugins are often updated in order to stay current with the latest version of Wordpress or to address vulnerabilities in the code. If the bundled plugins are several versions behind current, and several of them are, then there could be problems in the code that could cause problems on my site. I want to know when you think you will have testing for compatibility done and release current versions of these bundled plugins. Part of the reason that I chose the X theme for one of my projects is your promise to keep the theme and the bundled plugins current. If that’s not going to be the case, maybe I need to explore other theme options.

Hello @TPTide,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Let try to address your concerns. While it’s a good practice and idea to use up to date version of plugins or as a matter of fact any software, but instantly updating plugins sometimes break the flow of website and might gives issues. And that’s the reason why our developers test those updates thoroughly to make sure those updates are fully compatible with X and Pro Theme and Cornerstone. One some occasions we may have delayed the release of plugin updates, but one of the prime reason for the delay is that not all updates released by plugins developers are critical in nature. More often then not they have only included simple “bug fixes” without any huge additions or modifications to the rest of the plugin.

We at Themeco take security very very seriously. So when there is a security related updates released by any of bundled plugins developers, we take that as a priority and our developers make sure to rollout those updates afters testing for compatibility.

Now let’s discuss regarding your concerns about bundled plugins being multiple versions behind latest release. Let me take couple of examples.

1. Essential Grid: I checked the official Codecanyon page of Essential Grid and the latest version of Essential Grid is 2.2.4. I checked our version compatibility guide to see the version of Essential Grid we are providing, and I can see that we are providing the latest version of Essential Gird for our customers.
  2. Convert Plus: Latest version from developer is 3.2.3 and you have the option to update the plugin as it’s already there on the repository.

It’s not that we are procrastinating on releasing the plugin updates, as a matter of fact we love to release updates as that helps our customers to build new stuffs. However, we have to make sure that plugins are compatible with our products so that it does not breaks the working of customer website.

It’s a constant endeavour to serve our customers and timely plugin updates form a integral part of that mission along with a easy to use yet powerful tool bundled with industry leading customer support. A happy and satisfied customer comes back to buy product and or services again which in turn helps in increasing our sales volume. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

OK, so maybe there is something going on that I don’t understand. To reiterate, because of a problem with my hosting (another issue that doesn’t involve you guys), I am unable to automatically update the plugins. It HAS to be done manually through FTP. Which means that I have to download X from Codecanyon and upload the plugin files to my site from the Extensions folder. And yes, the latest version of Essential Grid 2.2.4.1. But I just, in the last few minutes, downloaded a fresh version of X from Codecanyon and the version of Essential Grid that is included in the Extensions folder is 2.1.6.2.2. Same thing with Envira Gallery. The latest version is 1.8.2.1, and the version included in the Extensions folder is 1.7.2. Again, unless I am missing something, the version compatibility guide may say that you guys are providing the latest version, but what is actually on the Codecanyon site isn’t the latest version. If that’s not right, help me to understand.

Hello @TPTide,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Yes, that’s right that when you choose to download All Files from the download section of Themeforest or Codecanyon you also get the installable zip package of all the bundled plugins. Now these plugins in zip format get’s updated when we release a Theme update. Just to let you know that we have also started beta testing of next release of X, Pro and Cornerstone internally. Now let’s say tomorrow (just an example) we release the next update for X Theme. That update will also contain the latest available versions that we support of bundled plugin in zip file.

We update the version compatibility guide with plugins versions that we provide on automatic updates. To provide the latest version of plugins in a zip archive will require us to push a complete new version X Theme and Cornerstone and that’s not a feasible thing to do especially in Themeforest and Codecanyon ecosystem. That’s why you get the least updates on Automatic updates. The added benefit is that automatic updates are much more safer option and require much less effort while comparing with installing zip archive.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.